( twenty-nine )

Harley was, as usual, the only one in the group not armed with a firearm

Harley was, as usual, the only one in the group not armed with a firearm. That is, besides Murphy, whose wrists were still bound. Bellamy, who was in the lead with Murphy, knew it was useless to arm the young girl who was wounded in battle when she had the chance to save her life. Instead, he let her hold the small knife that would do nothing against a bloodthirsty warrior twice her size if they ran into one. Eventually, Harley had to let go of Clover's hand after swinging it, so the gunner could stay on guard and remain focused when they heard as much as a branch snapping.

"Alright, Murphy," Bellamy spoke up, pausing his stride to look over his shoulder and narrow his eyes at the one he was directing his question to. "Where to now?"

Sniffling in irritation, Murphy lifted his hands in a sarcastic gesture. "I say we lose these first, alright?" He offered.

"No," Bellamy retorted immediately.

"If we get attacked out here, I have nothing to defend myself with," Murphy shot back. The point had made Harley take a quick scan around with her head, knowing that if they were bombarded, Murphy and her would be the first to go down.

When Bellamy showed how much he didn't care by aggressively stating so, Harley felt a switch in her go off. He was so uncaring for the wellbeing of Murphy, who may have made wrong choices, but had no right by acting so innocent himself. She clenched her jaw, attempting to look somewhat brave as her eyes met their leaders, as she paced forward in a few steps and nudged her way past Finn. Before Bellamy could speak, Harley cut the restraints holding Murphy's wrists with the sharp blade of her knife.

Murphy was relieved that at least someone cared for his welfare as he stared down at his red wrists before tilting his head forward again to stare at Harley. She returned the soft look, the corner of her mouth even tilting upwards into a smile. "Hey," Bellamy protested, angry by her action. "What the hell are you doing?"

Before Harley could reply with the obvious, Finn had rolled his eyes and stormed forward. Bellamy had followed him, and although Harley couldn't hear from where her feet were planted, she knew he was having an issue with Harley letting Murphy free.

As the group moved forward, Harley watched with a smile as Murphy was back to his confident and cocky self as he walked beside Bellamy for a minute. "So do I get a gun now?" Annoyed, Bellamy grabbed Murphy's shoulder and roughly shoved him forward. She could see that he was mildly upset with Murphy no longer being bound. She did care about Bellamy being upset, a lot even though she shouldn't, but she cared much more more for Murphy. Harley wasn't sure if anyone did besides her.

━━━━━━━━

Breathing out slowly from the aching in her feet, Harley practically trudged through the dirt and pushed aside leaves in her trail. Usually, breaks were allowed, alike to the time that they were searching for Octavia, but this was more important. They were searching for more, at least fifty, if she remembered right. There was a lot of corpses outside of the dropship, where the flames hadn't reached, and who knows who burned up into dust. Counting them would make fifty-six delinquents left.