~Chapter Twelve~

~Money~

Key:

Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Last Name
H/C - Hair Color
E/C - Eye Color
H/L - Hair Length

Y/N's POV

Recap:

"Hi, are you Y/N?" I nod. "Okay, good. So, your mother lost her job and can't pay for your house, so we need to send you to foster care."

End of Recap

"What?! Foster care?! But, my mom said she was earning a ton of money from coming so early." I start tearing up. I look around and see Garroth in the room.

He motions me to come over—so I do. "You didn't tell me you needed money. How come?"

"I...didn't wanna be a-a burden, but I guess I-I'm paying for it now..." I look at the ground. He takes my chin in his fingers, and pulls my head up.

"You will never be a burden for me, my parents would gladly lend you some money. Our family company is really big and my dad earns a lot of money from it, so I'll ask him after school." I nod.

"I'm afraid that can't happen. She's leaving soon—to head to O'khasis foster care. If you would like to give her money it would have to do it in the next 30 minutes." I look so heartbroken, I just transferred here, because of....problems. I can't go back to that high school in O'khasis.

I look over and Garroth is on his phone, probably talking to his dad. "Hello? Hey dad. I was wondering my friend and her mom need some money—so I was wondering if we could lend them some." He nods, while making a mhm noise. "Ok, see you then. He hangs up, and turns to me. "He's coming right now with the money!" I go from devastated to amazed in 0.5 milliseconds, ok, impossible, maybe 0.5 seconds? Sure.

I engulf Garroth in a hug and squeeze him, because of how excited I am. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I look up and him and smile.

About ten minutes later, we see a tall man that looks like Garroth, with his blond hair, blue eyes combo.

"Ah! You must be Garroth's friend, Y/N!" I nod. "I'm Garroth's father, but you can call me Garte." He smiling brightly. "I'm so sorry about your family situation." He looks sad now...

"It's ok...at least Garroth was here to help me. I would have had to go to O'khasis foster care." I smile, while his face goes back to how it was.

My mom walks in, looking like she hadn't slept in days. "Mom!" I run over to her. "What happened? Why-why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I didn't wanna worry you. I just need to sleep, I've barely been able to sleep with all this stress. I just need you to know, you will be going to foster care. I can't take care of you in the state I'm in. Once I can, they'll let you come back, but until then..." I look astonished and mad at the same time.

(A/N)

Love ya! ❤️

~KarisGamer