I got a feeling'

The minute that I pulled up to the house I knew that my life was about to change forever.  It was one of those feelings that you get, where you know that something is about to change, you can just feel it in your bones.  I had been driving around in circles in the neighborhood for about ten minutes trying to decide whether to go to this party that Chase my best friend wanted me to go to, or to go hang out with Drew at the apartment after he got off work like I do every day   I wasn't really a party kind of person any more  I was more of  a curl up with a good book, watch a movie with a good friend, or riding down a dirt road in my Mustang or on a motorcycle.   Drew was my ex from high school, and we were just friends.  Yeah he was my first love, but that was ten years ago, now we were "comfort" for each other when we needed it, but not exclusive.  It was like that ever since we broke up in high school, I did more for him than I had anyone else up until that point.  We usually would hang at his buddies apartment then go back to my parent's house and watch a movie and crash.  That's when my phone rang, I looked at the caller ID, it was Chase.       

"Ellie, are you going to get your ass over here or not?  I've seen your Mustang circle past four times now, everyone is going to thing you're stalking the house or something!"  

     "He isn't going to be there is he?  Don't you dare lie to me, I know where you live, and I will tell your mama you have been drinking Chase Tyler!"  I explained into the phone, still driving in circles.  

     "No, Eliana Faith, Jay is not going to be here.  If he was would I have invited you?"  "I don't know, you tend to fabricate stories all the time anyhow."  "Ellie, cmon, I'm not lying, he won't be here.  Now turn down the next street and park the beast, and come hang out.  There is someone here you haven't seen in a dick year and  a half, and we got good tunes, already drunk asses acting a fool, and Smirnoff orange."  "Chase, you had me at good tunes and Smirnoff orange.  See you in a few buddy!"  

     I finally found a parking spot a bit down the road from the house.  I hadn't been to a party here in several years.  I moved to Athens, GA from Louisville, KY around my freshman year of high school.  I wasn't the really popular girl, definitely not the cheerleader type.  Back in KY I went to private school all my life, so I was dubbed the "quite little private school girl" when I moved.  So, who did I naturally gravitate to?  The rednecks, outsiders, band geeks, the ones who weren't exactly in the popular crowd.  After Jay and I broke up, I moved to Atlanta and finished school, I had started working in the ER and ICU at a local hospital there.  Nursing was my dream, and it was the one thing that loser Jay wasn't able to keep me from achieving.  

I flipped down the visor to check my makeup and hair.  My light brown hair had blonde highlights in it and for now it was about to the middle of my back.  I had on a light blue spaghetti strapped sundress with white strappy sandals and silver jewelry.  I guess if you got a feeling that tonight is going to change my life at a party, I may as well look hot while doing it.  Getting out of the car, I clicked the alarm button.  I saw Chase and some very tall dude I didn't recognize walking toward me.  "hot girl and a very sexy very loud car!"  tall guy said.