Bullet in a Bonfire

Brantley's POV

Ben, Eli, and I pulled up to this party that Kolby had asked us to since I was off tour for the next month or so. Dude always knew that I couldn't resist a good field party. This party was bigger than the usual ones he went to, so it had me wondering what he was up to. Little brother always had something up his sleeve. We parked our bikes, and walked around for a bit before we found Kolby. He was standing by talking to some guy that I didn't recognize and watching some gorgeous girl I'd never seen before, leave it to my brother to stake his claim on a girl. "What's goin on brother?" I asked Kolby as I smacked him on the back. "Oh you know, typical drunken party drama" he smirked. About that time I heard the girl screaming at someone on her phone, and the guy Kolby was talking to, I assumed was her boyfriend, laughing and trying not to spit his beer out when she said, if I wanted to find a biker tonight and rock his world I could! " There's your cue there B" my brother said pointing his beer bottle toward the girl. "Man, I don't even know her, but little girl's got some spunk!" "Damn right she does! You should see her when she really gets pissed off. She can do some damage, I know. I'm still having headaches from when she knocked me upside the head with a bread pan one day" Kolby said. I cocked an eyebrow at him and shook my head, I didn't even want to know I said to myself.

Ben, being Ben, had to throw his two cents in "man, I'd love to break me off a piece of that..." "or not," changing his mind really quick when he saw me glare at him with that look on my face. "Ben, back off" I growled at him. "Ben, dude, you don't stand a chance with her if you tried. I don't think guys with pink mohawks are her type anyhow. She sounds like she wants more of a real biker than a wanna be biker who plays drums. Girls like guys who know how to manipulate things with their hands, not bang stuff with sticks" Eli told Ben. We all were giving him hell since he dyed that hawk pink. "Screw you man, at least you have Ash, I one the other hand haven't had a girl in God knows how long I think my junk quit working!" Ben pouted, and I just shook my head. "C'mon Eli, lets go get a beer and see what we can get into."

When she locked eyes with me, I knew I was done for. She was gorgeous, and she didn't even know it. She had long light brown hair with hi lights, the most beautiful ocean blue eyes that I could get lost in, long tan legs that seemed to go on for days, and that ass, well I'm a ass guy and that was the most perfect one I'd ever seen. "Hey, bro!" Kolby screamed at me and hit me upside the head knocking me out of my trance "theres your chance, I already know what you're thinking." She was getting more agitated by the minute, I knew I had to make my move. I stalked over to her and reached down and took the phone from her hand, causing her to whirl around. She stared directly into my eyes about to say something, but nothing came out. I didn't even give the guy on the other end of the phone a chance to speak, I told him off. No man, on the phone or not, will piss a woman off like that in my presence I swear I could have seen fire coming from her ears. Her eyes got as big as saucers when I told ass wipe on the phone "If she was my woman, I wouldn't let her go to a party looking like she could set the world on fire," yeah, that was when I staked my claim. She's mine, and I didn't even know her name yet. I could tell that she was full of sass and spunk, and wouldn't let any guy push her around, but there was something there, I couldn't put my finger on it; but me and lil brother will be having a long talk soon, and if he don't tell me what he knows, I'm blowing up all his baseball bats with my .50 cal at the farm.

"Oh, shit, you done did it now!" Kolby laughed. She was stomping toward us, he cheeks were red and not because it was August in Georgia and it's always hot as hell here. Little Bit was mad. "Just who in the bloody hell do you think you are? Taking my phone from me? What gives you the right to interrupt a private conversation like that? Huh, some big bad ass biker thinks he has to save the world. Just because you came in and heard my conversation at the perfect timing when I said I was going to find a biker and rock his world, do you think you had to just ride in and save the night?" with each word she kept walking closer until she was almost toe to toe with me. God she was gorgeous when she was pissed.

"Kolby Porter Gilbert! Do you care to explain why this asshole decided to act like a possessive caveman and take over my phone call?" Kolby was smirking, and deliberately stalling so he made her more annoyed. What the hell? How does she know my brother? Now he really has some explaining to do. He knows this girl and never introduced me. She is just the type of girl who I like, don't take shit off anyone. Tapping her foot, and clearly growing more agitated by the minute, "well you going to answer me or am I gonna have to send Chase here to Mama Becky's and get a bread pan from her? I know she still has the one with the dent in it from your big ole head!" "Chase Tyler, care to enlighten me? Cause the way you two are trading glances I know your ass is in on this too." She was pissed.

"Now Ellie, come on now would I ever?" Kolby gave her his puppy dog eyes he gives on all the girls, thinking it'd work. I knew it wouldn't work with this one. She just glared at him, and turned to the other guy, looking for answers, he held his hands up in surrender "I just rode here with you remember?" Looking looking over at Kolby, I asked "well Kolby, care to share?" "See, this little spitfire here is Ellie. I used to play ball with her dips hit ex-fiance, that was until he got arrested for putting his hands on her and I put his ass in the hospital. This is her best friend and my buddy Chase." "Kolby, that still don't tell me who this caveman is" Little Bit quipped. "See, Ellie, this here is my brother Brantley. The other two he came with was Ben Sims aka God of the Mohawks, and Eli Cooper his best friend"

"Bro...brother? Brantley? You don't have a brother Kolby! I've known you for six years, and not once have you ever mentioned you had a brother. I think you're shitting me!" she was not happy with him. "Kolby, brother, you keeping me a secret asshole?" "Not exactly a secret. I just don't want people coming around, 'wanting' to be my friend because of WHO you are. You know how these fangirls are, let's get to know the brother just to get a chance with the piece of the pie. And besides, Ellie hasn't been around in awhile because of Jay." "So, you are Brantley, the Brantley, BOSS of Black Pistons, and outlaw country artist? Chase go get me another shot and a Smirnoff, because I'm gonna need it" Ellie said, looking like she had seen a ghost. "First, darlin, yes, I'm Brantley, and second, how do you know about Black Pistons?" There is no way the average fan would know about the pistons, or even what BOSS meant. She has to know about the MC life somehow, but how? No one in the charter ever mentioned a girl named Ellie, I'd never seen a picture of her, and all the guys always show off pictures of their daughters. I have to know how she's in with our culture.