From this Moment On

We had gotten back to Georgia late Saturday night, and Brantley hadn't left my side since we had gotten back. The wedding was this weekend, and I had so much to do. Melissa and the kids were staying with Cliff, Derek would be in town Friday night since he had to work all week, Britt and  Caroline were coming down Thursday.   So today Ashley, Melissa, and I were taking the kids and going for final dress fittings. Melissa was my maid of honor, Ashley, Lydia, Britt, Caroline all bridesmaids. 

"Hey, B!  I'm leaving, I'll be back in a few hours" I called from the kitchen grabbing my jacket and slipping it on, then grabbing my purse and keys from the hook beside the door. "Brantley!"  No answer again.  I knew he was still here because the truck and his Harley's were still here.  I made my way down the hall to the music room, and I heard a beautiful melody coming through the door.

Opening the door I saw him sitting on the leather couch guitar propped on one knee and notebook and pen on the table. His eyes were closed snd he was playing the melody over and over. I walked over and sat next to him. "Whatcha working on?" I asked.  "Just a wedding present.  Where you headed?" He asked with that boyish grin on his face I loved so much.

"Ash, Melissa, and I are headed to the Bridal Shop for the last fitting. Your mama is coming too, she's already put dibs on keeping Levi for the day.  Savannah instisted Cam come because she wants to see her boyfriend.  Eli said he has football practice though. You should have seen that girl pout, she gives Tinsley a run for her money." We both laughed and he pulled me close and kissed me on my forehead.

"She's a fiesty one for sure.  Ya'll have fun babe, I gotta get this done before Saturday." He stated kissing me deeply "Love you babe" "I love you too."

The drive to Cliff's was short, after I picked Melissa and the kids up we drove to the bridal store. I had been in the dumps for the past few days because I knew my dad couldn't walk me down the aisle, but thank God I had Cliff and the MC. My mother hadn't contacted me since I saw her at the cemetery in KY. Cliff said he had tried to call her and find out when the wedding was. He told her to watch the news, but if she set foot across the Georgia line she would have hell to pay, that she wasn't ruining this day for me.

Mama Becky, Lydia, and Ashley met us at the shop.  I hsd decided to go against the grain for a wedding dress. It was still white, but I had to put a bit of me into it. Since my favorite colors were pink and black, I incorporated black into the dress, and decided on pink heels to wear. When I walked out with everything on, it was so silent you could hear a pin drop. 

"Oh my goodness child you are gorgeous!" Mama Becky exclaimed. "Is it too much? Do you think he will like it?" "Ellie, he is gonna love it!" Ashley exclaimed "he wont be able to keep his hands off of you!" "Ashley Rae Cooper! That is my son and I don't need to hear about his sexcapades!" We all laughed. "Just be glad Caroline isn't here, it wouldn't be G rated then!" Ashley replied.