Kick It in the Sticks

Ellie POV

After the run in with the Wicked Witch of Kentucky aka my mother, I needed a day of fun and Brantley made it happen. I felt like a kid again when we went to the amusement park yesterday, then the trip to the clubhouse just made it even better. I hadn't seen most of them since before we moved to Athens, I used to always go down there with Cliff. It drove Dad crazy since the clubhouse was in the bad end of town, but what is more safer than being surrounded by a group of bikers. Leave it to my two cousins to give me the love of steel horses.  We were meeting up with Melissa and her husband Derek and their girls RyAnn and Savannah later today then tonight she's taking the girls to her mom's and we are going to go watch a buddy of mine, Dustin Collins,  who just signed with Average Joes Entertainment do a show. I know he will be in for a shock when he sees who's with me.

We get to Melissa's house probably about noon, when Brantley saw she lived on a teeny teeny circle with an island in the middle he got this confused look on his face like where the hell am I supposed to park this beast of a truck?  We had PJ to drive the F250 up so if we wanted to go something and the weather didn't cooperating we had a extra ride.

"Just park on the side babe" I tell him, and he does then we get out and go knock on the door. Savannah, Melissa's six year old daughter answered, her eyes got wide and she was frozen when she seen Brantley.

"Savannah, who is it?" She called from the kitchen. "Mommy, I'm not sure, some big scary looking guy and a lady" she replied, still visibly scared.  Around the corner walks Melissa, the minute she saw me, she screamed and gave me a huge hug. "Mommy, who are these people?" asked Savannah.

"I'm Ellie, I've known your Mommy since we were kids. I met you a few years ago, after your sister was born, but you don't remember me. And this is my boyfriend Brantley" I told her. She cocked her head to the side, looked up at him and said "you're cute". We all laughed. He squatted down to her level, stuck out his hand to shake hers and said, "why thank you darlin but I think you're beautiful." She leaped into his arms and gave him a bear hug, Melissa was shocked, Savannah was very shy but very boy crazy.  "What am I gonna do with that girl?" She asked. We both laughed. He put Savannah down, she was all smiles and she turned and looked up at Melissa and said, "Mommy, I'm in love!" Then turned and walked back in the house. We all just shook our heads and laughed.

We decided to take the girls to the park after RyAnn woke up from her nap. Derek, Melissa's husband wouldn't be off work for a few hours. Brantley went ahead and put the girls car seats in the back seat of the truck while we caught up. "Ellie, he is gorgeous, I can't believe it!  I knew he was hot, but you hit the jackpot!  So dish, how is he in bed?  With the size of those hands he has to be hung!" 

"Lyssa!  Oh my gosh I can't even!  But he is phenomenal!  The things he can do with his tongue can drive you mad. And yes, he's hung" I giggled.

"So, when's the wedding?"

"We haven't really set a date. I'm thinking sometime in the fall maybe spring. We are gonna have to keep it quiet because of the media, they don't even know another engagement yet."

"When y'all plan on telling them?"

"He was thinking Friday at the show. Speaking of y'all have passes waiting for you at will call."

"You know we wouldn't miss it!  Have you seen your mom since you got back?"

"Me and her had words when she showed up at Dad's grave.  PJ, his head of security almost had to get involved."

"You have got to be kidding!  You know she tries to message me on Facebook asking about you, but I ignore her"

"Keep it that way. I know once she gets wind of the wedding she will be trying to find us and get money from us.  She's not allowed around us in Athens, Cliff made that clear, and that's her own family!"