Back to business

Last night felt likes dream, Ellie and I connected on a completely different level than ever before. Everyday I fell more in love with her than ever before, she made me feel like I was seventeen again. I love to watch her sleep, she looks like an angel-my angel. It was already ten o'clock, I think we finally fell asleep about five. Ellie rolled over and her eyes fluttered open, "morning beautiful" I said. "Morning baby" she replied and kissed me.

My phone beeped with a text from Steve letting me know to be at sound stage at noon. We got in the shower and then got dressed, grabbed some breakfast on the way from Chick fila. "Lindsey and are are gonna take the kids to the zoo today while y'all are working, we should be back by the time y'all get done" she told me. I was glad she was getting along with Lindsey, something Amber or Jana never did. "Sounds good baby. We got to finalize the set list and we have added on last act and we got the tour schedule yesterday" I told her.

"So who all is on tour with you?"
"Chase Rice and Walker Montgomery, John Michael's son" I said as we pulled into the lot.
"Walker is a great singer and songwriter. Simple Town is a great song, plus he's a Kentucky boy. He just did a show with Colt at Manchester Music Hall. Where's it kick off at?" She asked.

"Louisville, KY then we go to St. Louis that's all we got so far. Hopefully you can go with me, if you don't got to work" I replied. "I wouldn't miss it for the world, I can visit some family I haven't seen in years. Maybe Cliff can ride up and see some of the Outlaws he hadn't seen in a bit too" she replied.

"Sounds like a plan baby. I'd love to see some of the guys I rode with from up there too" I responded. It was so weird how our lives danced around each other for years and we never met. I had ridden with the Louisville Outlaws several times over the years, they are our sister club. Richard, one of  the club members even made me one of the rings I wear daily.

"You know it's weird how our lives are so intertwined, but yet we never knew each other before now?"  She questioned

"Baby, I was just thinking the same exact thing" I replied and kissed her.

"God y'all, get a room!" Someone called out from across the lot, "it could only be Ben" we both said at the same time.

"You're just jealous cause you can't get someone summer boy!" Ellie said as she hit him upside the head. 

"Ow! Damn girl watch it" he exclaimed, then Lindsey got him on the other side "What the hell, Linds?"

"Benny boy, that's for stinking up my truck and locking the windows!  I swear you, Isaac, and Noah are horrible!"  Noah was cracking up when he interjected "actually babe, I was the one who locked the windows." 

"Seriously Noah?  I ought to shave those damn dreads off!"  We all stopped dead in our tracks and turned and looked at them, Noah was stark white with fear.  "Baby come on, I'm sorry. I'll never do it again, but not my hair. That's as bad as when Ben shaved his hawk, I'd look stupid as Ben did." 

"Hey asshole, I didn't look stupid. And don't forget we share a bus, and I know where your bunk is, I'd tread lightly if I were you!" Ben told Noah.

Lindsey and Ellie left and took the kids to the zoo. We put the rest of the set list together, we just had to come up with a name for the tour. Nothing was really sticking. BJ piped up, "how bout Rock This Town?"  It stuck, I loved playing some of the older underground stuff that newer fans hadn't heard before. "BJ, I like it. We can also incorporate some of the stuff from Modern Day on the set list too. It's set. I just gotta let PR know." I replied. We got the set list finalized rather quickly, then headed out to Loveless Cafe for a late lunch. 

The guys and I ate and headed back to the soundstage, Ellie, Lindsey, and the kids got back around seven o'clock.  We all said our good byes, and Lindsey and Ellie made plans for a weekend away soon. Lord knows Lindsey  needs it after putting up with our shenanigans can well especially Noah's.