Life in the fast lane

Ellie POV

Chase brought me back my shot and Smirnoff, because damn did I need it after finding out that the hot biker was BOSS/Brantley.  My cousin, Cliff, President of the Black Pistons and former member of the Kentucky charter of Hell's Angels, always talked about BOSS.  He and I always had a brother/sister relationship even though I was several years younger than him  He had been trying to get me to go to the clubhouse for the past couple of years since Jay and I broke up, but I was always with Drew, now I was mentally kicking myself for never deciding to go.  He had said that there was this guy he wanted me to meet, telling me that I needed to get "back in the saddle" and leave Drew in the past where he belonged.  But that was the hard part, considering that I had miscarried Drew's baby back after we graduated and never told him that I was even pregnant.  When I gotten pregnant we wasn't even a couple, it was one of those both needing comfort and being lonely things until something better came along.  Now I needed to tell Drew so I could move on, preferably with Brantley.  The man is sex on a stick.  Damn Kolby for never telling me that he had a brother.  Sure I may look sweet and innocent, but I have rebel blood in my veins. The ratios and backwards hat, not to mention the motorcycle are what did me in-if course that smile isn't so bad either.

"Hey B, wanna take a ride so I can tell you how I know about the MC? I can't really get into it around anyone, we can take my car. I don't expect to ride on the back of your bike, your old lady may get mad." Kolby choker on his beer trying not to laugh, "old lady? Him? That man is self proclaimed single for life!" "Well, is he now? Hmmm..." I smiled looking at Brantley, "we will just have to see about that won't we outlaw?" I reached in my purse and grabbed the keys to my Mustang and tossed them to Brantley "here you drive" and walked off.

"Ellie!  Hey, what the hell?  No one drives your car, hell I've never driven it and I'm your best friend.  Jay didn't even drive it, neither has your dad!"  Chase huffed. "Well, see Chase, Drew has and well Brantley here, he's kinda a legend in my world, and I'm also kinda tilts, so I'm not gonna try and wrap my baby around a tree" I quipped.

"Legend, your world, Babygirl, is there something I should know?  And what's the deal with the car?" Brantley asked, looking confused as ever. "Well, see, my Mustang is the first car I ever bought myself, I have wanted one since I was a kid.  As far as the legend in my world, I'll explain when we leave.  Bye boys, cmon B let's get out of here" waving to Kolby and Chase we headed to the car.

"So, where we headed?" Brantley asked after we pulled out onto the main road. "Pott's Farm our in the back by the pond. I tend to go there when I need to think."  Looking out the window at the night sky I realized how much I enjoyed his company and how easy he was to be around. He wasn't like other celebrities, he was just Brantley, a southern country boy who respected women. Something any guy I ever dated wasn't.

"Hey Babygirl, you gonna get that?" He asked, as he reached over and put his hand on my knee. I felt electricity immediately when he did. "Umm, nah it's not important" internally wishing Drew would just quit calling, but he didn't-he called again. "Seems like it is if they keep calling back" he replied rubbing my knee. "It's just Drew, the guy you want all caveman on earlier" I replied smiling. "Darlin I didn't go caveman, if you think that's caveman, you haven't seen anything yet. I just told him what he needed to hear."

My phone rang again, I decided to answer it hopefully he'd quit for the night.  I put it on speaker, hoping that if he started to get on my nerves Brantley would set him straight agin.  " Ellie, finally you answered. Where are you, I was getting worried. I was about to head out to the party."  "Drew, I'm not there. "Where the hell are you?  I know you've been drinking!" He screamed at me. That didn't set well with Brantley, I could see his jaw starting to tick. I held up my finger telling him to hang on that I'd handle it. "See Drew, you know that biker I was talking about?  The one who got on the phone earlier?  Well, we decided to leave and have our own little party.  And well, you kinda interrupted us."  "You can't be serious!  This isn't like you Ellie, I've known you for almost fifteen years and you have never acted like this!" Drew exclaimed. "Drew, you didn't know me before I moved to Athens, you don't know I love to ride motorcycles, that I used to race dirt bikes and build demolition derby cars with my cousins back home.  You know the me that likes to hang out and watch movies, race Mustangs, have a bonfire and camp out in a truck bed, or just ride out on the back roads.  There is so much more to me than the girl you know.  I don't like it when someone I'm not dating is clingy. Drew, I'm saying something I should have said long ago, we can't do this anymore. I just want to be friends only."  I told him. "Ellie, I hope you know what you're saying" then he hung up on me.

Brantley reached over and grabbed my hand.
A part of me felt like I lost a part of myself. But it needed to happen. Cliff was right, I needed to move on, quit living under the black cloud of my past.  For the first time in years, I felt like I could now that I had met someone who made me feel alive again.

We pulled up to the pond. I loved it here. "So, how do you know about this spot?  Only those who knew Kory know about it" Brantley asked. I got out and walked over and sat down on the dock. "I went to high school with Kory. We used to hang out after Kolby's games out here. When he got sick, I was his nurse before he transferred to Houston for treatment."  Just talking about all the times he we had out here brought tears to my eyes. "I miss that kid, we used to have some great times out here, this place is what inspired Dirt Road Anthem" Brantley said, staring out over the pond.  "I know. That song makes me think of all the times we had out here. Probably because they are true." 
"So, Princess gonna tell me about how I'm a 'legend' in your world?"  he asked smirking at me. Smiling at him and biting my lip "ah yes, that."  "Darlin, don't do that, it makes me think things I shouldn't be thinking right now, and I'm trying to be a gentleman."  Making a mental note of that, I started to tell him the story of how I know about the MC. 

"Well, see my cousin, Cliff is the President of the Black Pistons, the Atlanta chapter. Which so happens to be your chapter. I know that patch anywhere. He also used to run with the KY chapter of the Hell's Angels before he moved down here." When I told Brantley this, he went white. I didn't tell anyone about my connection to the MC, because of the stigma of the Angels and some things that went down with my cousin back in KY. "So, you are Eliana, Prez cousin?"
"Yeah, that's me, in the flesh" I replied. "So, how did you know I was Boss?  Well aside from the obvious patch?" 
"Well, Cliff has been trying to get me to go to the clubhouse forever. Kept saying he wanted me to meet someone, the one person who was able to bring him to tears with a song he wrote. I was always just too busy.  He always talks about Boss, and how he wanted me to meet him.  When I saw you tonight, the patch on the cut, SYLO, and the Pistons logo it all connected. You were the one he wanted me to meet." 
"You know, the night I met him I was playing at the little bar on the corner, back when I was just doing shows around town. He was in the front at a table with Opie and Steve. I sang Modern Day, and he had tear rolling down his face.  He told me after the set that song made him think of his mom and how he wished he could have changed to the man he is today before she passed."  Cliff had never told me about how he met Brantley. I just assumed it was through the club. Hearing his story made me realize just how close they were.

I shivered, it was getting chilly out here by the pond.  "Here take my jacket" he said stripping out of it. I couldn't help but notice how tight his shirt was stretching across his arms and chest. I wanted to reach out and touch him so badly. As he wrapped his jacket around my shoulders he looked into my eyes. I could feel the chemistry between us. He reached up and cupped my face with his hand, and leaned in to kiss me.

He broke the kiss far too soon it felt like. "I've been wanting to do that ever since we got here" he whispered leaning his forehead against mine. "I know what you mean" I whispered back.  His phone rang, breaking the spell. "It's Kolby" he said before answering it. "Yeah man, what's up?  Yeah we'll be back soon. Yes, she's fine. Her car is in one piece."  I laughed, leave it to Kolby to have to call and check up on me. He should know I can handle myself. "I hate to do this babygirl, but Chase is needing a ride home, something about having to work in the morning, Kolby is wasted, so we are gonna have to get you back. I can follow you home to make sure you get there ok. I know you've had a few shots and I couldn't live with myself if you had a wreck" Brantley said kissing me on the forehead. "Ok. I wish we didn't have to go. I haven't had a night out in God knows how long."

We got back to the party, I picked up Chase. The whole way to his house he was giving me hell about not driving my car. "So, you wanna tell me what that legend in your world comment was about?"  "I will tell you, but you have to never speak of it to anyone, ever" I replied almost second guessing telling him. "Ok, I promise."  "My cousin Cliff, you know him. Well, he is the President of Black Pistons, the motorcycle club. He also used to run with Hell's Angels. Some stuff went down back home, that I can't talk about before we moved here. Boss that he always refers to is Brantley."  His mouth just hung open. "You're joking right?  Cliff is club President of the Pistons?"  "I'm serious. He's been trying to set me up with Brantley well Boss ever since Jay and I split. Trying to get me to come to the club house and everything. I just never went."  We pulled up to his house, and he hugged me by. Brantley was behind us. "He following you home?"  "Yeah, he wants to make sure I don't wreck since I had some shots" laughing he replied "don't do nothing I wouldn't do, Miss I'm gonna find a biker and rock their world."  "I'll try not to, talk to you tomorrow."  Chase waved by and I put the car in drive and headed toward the apartment.