Past meet Present

We decided to rent a truck to get around while we were in Kentucky for the week. We went and visited Dad's grave, I hadn't been there to see him in a few years. I missed him, and broke down and cried while we were there. I told him about Brantley and I getting engaged, about becoming a nurse, and how Mom pulled her shenanigans after he passed. Of course our life with her wasn't all sunshine and roses either when he was alive. She made our life hell, and I had a sneaking suspicion we would run into her while we were in town, since she moved back to Kentucky right after he passed and was brought back there for the funeral. And my suspicion was right.

I could feel someone standing behind me, it wasn't Brantley because he was sitting next to me at Dad's grave. I turned around to see if anyone was there, and that's when I saw her, all 5'10" and looking like she was on drugs, which she probably was knowing her because I could probably knock her over with a leaf since she probably didn't weigh more than 110. She had aged a lot, even though she was 65, she looked 80.

"What the hell are you doing here? After what you did to him, and me! You have no right to be here!"  I proclaimed as I stood up and crossing my arms over my chest. She just stared at me, looked at Brantley who was now standing next to me, then back at me, then she finally spoke.
"Nice to see you too." She replied sarcastically.
"Babe, who is this?" Brantley asked.
"I'm her mother, and you are?"
"Brantley, Ellie's fiancé." He replied.
"Yes, mother, that's right. He's my fiancé" I quipped.

"He looks like that biker trash you loved to hang around. Guess you never could get Drew to propose. After all, he was the best one out of them all." She retorted. I clenched my fists at my side, I could feel my blood pressure rising, and my face turning red. Brantley stepped between us and faced me rubbing both my arms with his hands and looked me in the eyes and whispered "calm down baby, she's not worth it. She don't know you now, she don't know who I really am." I nodded and looked over his shoulder at her, she was just standing there smirking. She always hated that I loved the biker lifestyle, hated even more that her own nephew, Cliff, disowned her and took me in and under his wing after she took all dad's money and ran before the dirt settled on his grave.

"If you must know, mother, Drew and I are just friends. I know you wished I would have married him because Stephen had money, but Stephen died four years ago. And that wasn't even his real father, which you would have known that if you weren't too busy scheming. And Brantley here, is the farthest thing from biker trash. He's known this family for a long time,we just never met until several months ago. And if you look real good, you may just see you do know who he is. But you never did tell me why you're here. You have no reason to be!" I replied.

"What do you mean he's known this famous for a long time? I'm sorry that you and Drew didn't work out. He was good for you, better than this punk"

"If you must know, he has known Cliff since he was living here and riding with the Angels and Outlaws, then when Cliff moved to Georgia, he became President of our MC, Brantley is the Vice President. And Brantley treats me better than any man or boy I've dated. He pushes me to be a better person, I keep him in line, along with his momma, who I must say is more of a mother to me than you have been my entire life! Brantley has shown me what it's like to feel completely loved" she looked t both of us. My phone rang, " Bottoms Up" was my ringtone for PJ, it's odd he was calling me and not Brantley, something he don't do unless there something up. Brantley looked over at me and nodded like he knew, but if course he did.   "What's up PJ?"

"Princess, now I don't know who that woman is or what's going on, but I know for a fact your Daddy wouldn't appreciate y'all fighting on his grave."