Realization

Ellie POV

"Ellie, I think you're gonna want to see this" Caroline said handing me her phone.

"What is it?" I asked. "I don't have the energy for any drama." 

"Trust me, take it" she replied. I hit play. It was footage from the security cameras at the house, showing Amber knocking on the door at 7:30 then Brantley coming outside.  I watched the whole scene play out until I walked out.  He wasn't lying to me, and i heard every word that was said.  That bitch was trying to get him back, and he kept shooting her down.  Tears rolled down my cheeks. 

"Where did you get this?"  I asked her as I handed the phone back to her.  "Steve sent it to me.  Your phone has been off and he knew I'd show it to you.  Ellie, for what it's worth, that man idolizes you.  I've never in tem years of knowing him seen him as happy as I have seen him with you.  Steve said he's on the verge of hitting the bottle again.  He took off out to the woods, and Luke can't even get through to him."

"Are they still in Alaska?"  We had just landed in Atlanta from Vegas and the crew was getting our luggage from the cargo hold of the Jet Linx. 

"Yeah, why?" Caroline asked.  I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her back to the plane.  "Wheels up boys, we are heading to Alaska!"

  "Are you sure you want to do this?" Melissa asked "I've never been more sure of anything in my life" I replied. 

A ten hour plane trip later we landed, then had to rent a SUV and drive to the cabin down at Kodiak.  The roads back to the cabin were a bit  sketchy, and I was on pins and needles most of the way.  Now I understood why they came all the way up here, it was beautiful.

We pulled up to a cabin, and PJ was sitting in the porch with Kolby.  No one knew we were coming up here.  They looked at one another then walked to the Suburban.  I slowly got out followed by Caroline. 

"Ellie, what are you doing here?"  PJ asked. "Caroline showed me the video.  It was her the whole time.  I should have believed him" I replied with tears streaming down my face. PJ wrapped his arm around me and hugged me. 

"Ells, he's in bad shape.  He's on the verge of hitting the bottle again, won't say much to anyone, broke his phone into pieces when he threw it against the wall and then punched a mirror and cut his hand up bad.  We had to go into Anchorage and buy him a new phone."  Kolby explained as he rubbed his hand over his beard. "Where is he?" I asked trying to keep my tears at bay.  "He's..." 

The  door to the cabin slammed and booted footsteps emerged onto the porch.  "PJ!  Who the hell is here?  No one knows we are up there!" 

"Uh, Boss, I think you may wanna calm down for a second." 

"Calm down?  Why the hell do I need to calm down?"  A grouchy Brantley yelled back.  I was still standing on the opposite side the Surban where he  couldn't see me and Caroline was beside me trying to stifle her laughter causing me to smile.

"B, I think you should" Kolby exclaimed.  "Not you too asshole" he growled stomping down the steps toward the front of the truck. His eyes locked with mine. 

"Hey" I said meekly.  "What are you doing here?" He asked. I swear it was like hed seen a ghost. 

"I saw the video, B.  I'm sorry I didn't believe you."  He picked me up and hugged me so tightly. "I love you so much Baby Girl, don't ever leave me again" he whispered into my ear.

"Promise.  Please tell me you didn't touch that bottle again" I replied. He looked into my eyes and shook his head no, and I knew he was telling the truth.  "I love you B, so much."