Til the End of Time

The wedding day was finally here, I didn't know a man could be this. Nervous, Mama had to tell me to go take a ride for bit or I was gonna give me a heartattack. Ellie had been acting a bit off but I was just chucking it up to nerves which head me on edge. I turned down the road to Potts farm ans out by the lake I saw her Mustang parked and her sitting on the hood knees pulled up to her chest.

"What's wrong baby girl?" I asked as I walked over to her car. I could tell she'd been crying and that something was bothering her. "I'm fine Brantley" she said not even looking at me, which pissed me off more than anything, and she also never calls me by my first name, it's usually B. So there could be one of two things going on, Amber started more shit, or she got cold feet and don't have the heart to marry me.

"Baby, look at me, really look at me. I can tell you aren't fine" "how can you tell that?" She asked cocking her head to the side her blonde hair spilling around her shoulder and her biting that damn bottom lip knowing what it does to me.

"Because Ellie, you never call me Brantley unless you are pissed off at me, you have been crying, uou don't come out here much unless it's a party with everyone, and I know you don't drink alone, you aren't getting cold feet are you?" I held my breath unil she started to speak "No, B, I'm not getting cold feet, but it something else." "Baby come one you can't keep me waiting I'm gonna have a heartattack!" I got down off the hood of the car and went and got what I needed from the glove box. This wasnt exactly the wedding present I wanted to give him, but life happens

Holding a black box as I faced the man I loved more than anything, the man who changed my life in more was than one, made me feel what it was like to be loved unconditionally. "This isn't exactly the wedding present I wanted to give you, but when you open it you will understand. He sat down on the deck of the pier and I followed sitting down beside him. Sweat was pouring from his face. "Little nervous there, B?" I asked "just a bit" he chuckled.

Taking a deep breath, he took the top lid off the box and sat it down beside us, then he peeled back the gray tissue paper, there was a pair of his brass kuckles with a ribbon tied to them with was odd. So, I pulled them up to see what was on the end. Tied together were three tests. Tests, why is she giving me tests? As I looked at each one that had either a plus sign or two lines, I'm gonna be a dad. Holy mother of God I'm gonna be a dad!!!
I jumped up and grabbed Ellie and spun her around til we both were laughing. "We are gonna be parents! I'm scared shitless baby." "Brantley, I am too. I'm so scared that I'll lose this baby like I lost the one when I was 18" a tear sneaked from the corner of my eye and he wiped it away. "I will be be there every step of the way I promise. How many weeks are we"? He asked and I completely forgt to tell him there's more in the borrom of the box. "Open the rest of your present. It's under the paper"

His face went white when he saw the rhe babys ultrasound picture " boy or girl?" He asked. " babe, we will know in a month." "I thought you were on the shot, not that I'm not beyond thrilled, because I am, how did this little miracle come through and at perfect timing too?" "I quit taking it right after we got engaged in Nashville, it was causing me to gain weight and be moody, and I wasnt feeling like myself so I stopped. Now we have our little miracle. Your mama is gonna be over the moon!"

"B, I love you, but I gotta get back to the house. We have a wedding to get home for. Want me to hold onto the box?" "You crazy woman? Little man is riding in the saddle bags for right now, hes taking his first ride." He smiled from ear to ear kissed me deeply then smacked my butt and said hed meet me at the house.

"Oh, B, not so sure it's a boy yet, kinda feeling a girl since I'm so damn emotional." I swear when I said that, the color drained from his face. "If that baby is a girl, and some guy walks, talk, acts, even looks like me, I will shoot his ass!" He replied kissing me. I tried not to laigh, but knew he was serious. "Love you babe, see you at the altar" and I turned and got in the Mustang.

The wedding took place at sunset at the house. It couldn't be more perfect, Cliff walked me down the aisle. Instead of the traditional wedding march, we chose to go against tge gtain, and I walked down the aisle to "You're Still the One" by Shania.

Steve and Willie Robertson co-ordained the ceremony.  When Steve told me he got his ordination certificate online I thought we were doomed, the man had more failed marriages than I had relationships.  PJ assured us he had a back up plan. 

Cliff walked me down the aisle, and when I saw Brantley, I felt my heart stop.  He was gorgeous anyhow, but this was different.  He had on dark blue jeans, that I'd never seen him wear before, a white button up, and a gray vest.  Caroline had found out he was wearing jeans and not a tux, and offered to let him borrow a pair of Luke's jeans, that garnered a "hell no woman! I'm not wearing no nut hugger pretty boy jeans!"  I thought I'd pee myself from laughing so hard when he said that.

We chose to write our own vows. Brantley was being even more secretive about them and stressing more than he does with his music.  Wouldn't even let me hear them til the wedding.  When it came time he went first.

"Ellie, when I met you, you turned my world upside down.  You are truly my angel in a world of darkness.  You accept me for who I am, rough edges and all, and never try to change me.  You have shown me love unconditionally.   You are my other half - let the Gods be afraid - they cannot keep us apart, even though people have tried.  I want to wake up next to you every day for the rest of my life.  I promise to be the best man and father I can ever be.  Even though I may fail I know you will be there to help guide me.  I will love you love you for the rest of my life." When he finished a tear slipped from my eyes and he wiped them away. 

"Brantley, who knew one smart alek comment would turn into our love story. You have shown me what real love is.  You have love me unconditionally.  I have to catch my breath to believe this is real, that I am marrying my true love, my heart's desire, and my best friend.  I love that you and I will spend the rest of our lives together. Somehow my life has come to this amazing moment and now I will always share it with you."

We exchanged rings, then Steve nodded at Brantley and Eli handed him his guitar.  "Ellie, I've been working on this for awhile, so this is my wedsing gift to you"

After he finished, Willie announced "everyone I'd like to present Mr. And Mrs. Brantley Keith Gilbert and their baby coming in the spring!" Kolby looked at us, Mama Becky covered her mouth in awe and Caroline let out a "what the hell!" It has been a long ride, but it's ours!