Fall into Me

Brantley's POV

We said goodbye to mama and Kolby and made our way out to the truck. I helped Ellie up in the cab and shut the door. We pulled out ove the drive and out of the neighborhood and down 129. I grabbed her hand and looked over and smiled at her, I couldn't help but think how beautiful she was and how lucky I am that she's in my life. I had gotten a call when we were at Mama's from Scott telling me that the tour was starting up in the next month and that I've got radio interviews next week. I don't want to leave my girl, I wish she could come with me. I turn the truck off the highway and down the road that leads back to Jefferson City Lake, other than the pond at Pott's and my farm in Alabama, this is my other favorite place to go and think.

"Where we going babe?" She asked. "Jefferson City Lake, I love coming out here and watching the sunset. Thought we could sit out by the water and watch the sunset" I tell her.
I pull up to the spot I always go to, it's in the back away from where everyone usually parks. We get out, I grab a blanket and my guitar case from the backseat and we walk over to the grass. I spread the blanket down on the ground and Ellie takes her shoes and jacket off and sits down. The sun was just starting to set and it couldn't have been more perfect.

I sat down behind her and pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her. I could feel my heart beating almost out of my chest. I hadn't felt this way about anyone in years, from the moment I met Ellie I knew she was different. I could be myself around her, she got me, my lifestyle, my flaws, and never tried to suggest I change-she embraced it. Unlike Amber, always wanting me to be someone I wasn't, and Jana well we all know how that ended.

"This is beautiful babe, I've never been here before" she said. "I thought you'd like it, I used to come here a lot more than I do now" I told her kissing her on top the head.  "I'm glad you brought me here, B. It's beautiful." 

We sat together on the blanket for what seemed like forever. I loved how I could be myself around her, I didn't have to wine and dine her, just take her out and watch the sunset, or a bike ride and she was happy.  Before the sunset, I grabbed the guitar out of the case. It was my old guitar, the one I played some of my first shows with and I started to play a few chords.
"That's beautiful, what's the name of it?" She asked. "I wrote it this morning after you left, it's Fall into Me." 

A whisper away from changin' everything
But is it safe to say such dangerous things
When your hands are tremblin'
Girl I'm weak in the knees
It's times like these when silence means everything
More than anything
So fall when you're ready baby
Let our kiss count the moments and hearts set the pace
And I'll be your love song and I'll love you right off your feet
Until you fall into me
And love ain't a race
There's no finish line
And I love a chase
But don't leave me behind
'Cause girl we're both gamblin'
But I'm playin' for keeps
It's time like these
When patience means everything
More than anything
So fall when you're ready baby
Let our kiss count the moments and hearts set the pace
And I'll be your love song and I'll love you right off your feet
And I'll fall for you every day
I'll cherish the moments, that time can't erase
We'll be the love song
I promise you we're gonna sing
Girl when you fall into me
C'mon baby fall into me yeah
I'm waiting
Fall into me
Fall into me
Fall into me
A whisper away from changing everything

I sang the song, and I saw a tear slip from her eye. "It's beautiful Brantley. I love it" she said wiping her eyes. "I meant every word baby girl." I was falling for this girl, hard and fast. I craved her touch, her kiss, I wanted to be with her all the time. When she leaned over and kissed me, I felt like my heart was going to explode. I reached up and cupped her face in my hands and pulled her into the kiss. When we broke I looked into her eyes and whispered "I love you Ellie." Finally saying the words that I've been wanting to say for so long felt like a weight had been lifted. "I love you too Brantley" she replied. Hearing those words, I felt like my life was complete, she was the Bonnie to my Clyde.

I gathered the blanket and my guitar up and put them in the truck. Before helping her in the truck I wrapped her in my arms "I love you so much, I've been wanting tell you for so long, I just didn't want you to think I was rushing it." "Brantley, I've loved you for awhile. It scared me at first, but when it's real, you just know. And I know I love you, outlaw" then she kissed me.

We drove back to the house, holding hands, and she had her bare feet on the dashboard of my truck singing along to every song on the radio. I felt like I was a teenager again. I pulled into the drive and killed the engine. She leaned over and kissed me and said "I don't want to go back home tonight." "So don't stay here with me" I told her. "As much as I'd love that baby, I got an early shift tomorrow and I don't have any of my work stuff here." I hated that we wouldn't be spending the night together or that I probably wouldn't see her for the next few days.
"Scott called when we were at Mom's. I got to go out on radio interviews for the next few days, tour starts back up in the next couple months" I told her. "We will figure it out babe. I'll go on tour with you on the weekends I don't have to work" she told me. "Have I told you lately how much I love you?" I asked kissing her forehead. "Only about five minutes ago" she said laughing. "I gotta go, baby. I have an early day tomorrow. I'll call you when I get home, ok?" she said. We had spent a few nights together since we started seeing each other, and I slept like shit when she wasn't in my arms.
"Ok, baby. I love you."
"Love you too, outlaw."  I kissed her with all I had in me, watched her get into her 4Runner and the taillights disappear down the drive.