Chapter 2

Genevieve Nnaji as Belinda. 
Edited 30/1/2019
Chapter 2
Belinda entered the cafe an hour and thirty minutes late. She'd sworn to herself to frustrate him till he was out of his mind. Miles saw her and smiled at her waving his hands at her. Belinda was irritated. How could anyone smile in this situation which others would have found irritating? She let her eyes take in his features. He was strikingly handsome, if it was under better circumstances, she would have swooned at the sight of him, but this were not better circumstances and so, she was not one bit attracted to him. By the way, she was immune to handsome guys. Who wouldn't after growing up surrounded by breathtaking cousins? She took a seat next to him without bothering to smile. 
"Has anyone told you how pretty you look when you're angry?" Miles asked as Belinda rolled her eyes at his cheesy line. 
“I hope you are not looking forward to this marriage, because it would never hold. Not if I gave a say. "
"But the problem is you don't have a say,  and we both know it."
"Keep telling yourself that. "
Belinda concluded just as the waiter came with the menu. She contemplated ordering water but decided to order a full lunch as I was already lunch time. She ordered fried rice and chicken wings with a bottle of wine. 
Miles smiled at her previous statement.
"We both know you can't do anything,  if not you wouldn't even be here. And besides,  you're not my type." He said running his eyes over her body. Belinda smiled to herself.
"That's a relief. It means that there's no chance of you falling for me." She was interrupted by the waiter who served the meals. They ate in silence. Miles finished first, gulping down a glass of white wine. He looked at his wrist watch while cleaning his mouth with the serviette. "I'd love to be a gentleman and take you home, but I'm terribly busy."
Belinda scoffed and dropped her cutlery. She took a sip out of her wine and cleaned her lips before replying him.
"I'd rather walk to Europe than ride in that car of yours." She said taking out some Naira notes from her purse, dropping it on the table and walking out. 
Miles called the waiter to receive the bill before walking out. This was going to be extremely interesting.

*******************

Things were getting worse at the company. Most of the major shareholders were withdrawing and almost completed deals were being cancelled. Miles was not having it easy at his end. He'd been removed from heading major deals. Belinda drove to see her sister, Brooke who was in Port Harcourt for a business meeting. She sat in her hotel room where they discussed minor issues. Finally Belinda brought it up. Brooke held her glass of juice to her lips for a long time pondering on the issue at hand. She herself had foreseen such an event and quietly rejected the company. Their father had held the grudge for a long time before finally forgiving her. But Belinda was different. Even if she'd seen it, she would still had gone for the company. She placed the glass on the side stool between them.
"Bell, I really don't know what to say." Brooke said taking in a deep breath.
"I had planned to see you concerning the company. I mean, it's all over the news. It seems things are getting out of hand. Ross plans on coming in soon, he's hoping there's something he can do about it..."
"There's no need for him to come in. It's not like he can do anything. He should just focus on his own end." Belinda said.
"Well...even I won't take my advice on this. But, you should get married to that guy. You guys should come to an agreement. From what I'm hearing, the guy is also under a lot of pressure. You two should try and work things out. We both know there's so little Ross can do." Belinda reclined in the chair thinking about her life. She'd lived well, tried to avoid trouble and be happy and she'd gotten it. She'd been the perfect child with perfect grades and everything else. Her life seemed like a fairy tale which was being written by her father. Since his death, the story has stopped and now nothing was working out for her. She really wished she'd listened to Ross during the reading of the will and left things in his hands. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Some invincible forces were out to destroy her life. Brooke pulled her into a hug.
"It's gonna be ok. It really is. "
************
1 WEEK LATER
Belinda drove to the company. She entered her office. She'd been working hyper to ensure she didn't lose more ground. She was informed of a visitor. It was Miles.
"Good day" he greeted as she continued what she was working on without looking up.
"Can I at least sit?” He asked but she still ignored him. He sighed softly and sat down facing her.
"Are you not going to hear me out?" He asked as the intercom rang. She had another visitor.
"Let him in” She said. Miles noticed a smile now played on her lips.  He felt stupid about coming here. Nevertheless, he wasn't leaving until she'd heard him out. He had a goal he must achieve. The door opened and a handsome guy walked in. He was tall, had broad shoulders, dark skin, nice build. Miles felt intimidated. Belinda walked up to him and gave him a hug. As he pecked her cheeks.
"I told you not to bother coming down here. Don't you have enough to worry about?"
"Was there a reason I shouldn't have come? Especially when my love is being disturbed." He asked letting go of her and looking at her face.
Was he get boyfriend?
"You've grown dark circles." He said tracing his hands below her eyes. Belinda pushed her hair back.
"It's a good thing I'm here.” He finally turned to face Miles.
"I'll help you deal with them now."
Miles felt like that was a threat. He'd wondered if he became invisible.
"So who's the guy?" he asked pointing to Miles being fully aware of who he was.
"Don’t know?” Belinda said as Ross laughed.
"I'll leave you with your visitor."
"If this is about getting married, then leave. If you have any important thing to say then speak." Belinda said finally to Miles
"Belinda please, my life is getting ruined thanks to my father's madness. I don't know where he met you or what makes him obsess about the company. But it's driving me crazy. Please let's get married. We can get divorced after a year. I won't sleep with you or anything. By then I should have gotten full charge over the company. Please, I promise to return all the shares. Belinda looked at him. She was in a tight situation herself. Her investors were withdrawing and business was falling.
"I have to think about it. I'll get back to you. Please leave." She said coldly as Miles walked out.
"So, how's your boyfriend?”
Ross asked once he came in trying to push her buttons.
"Don't start"
"This is why you should have given the company to me when Dad died and this is probably why Brooke washed her hands off." He said still pushing her buttons.
"Don't bring up that topic Ross.”
"Sorry. But what are you gonna do?”
"Marry him. It's for dad and the company. I can't let him destroy the company. “She said sadly.
"Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked " What about David?”
"We broke up. He got angry and called it quits when he heard about it. I just can't believe him. I really thought we were in love. I hoped he was going to stand by me. It was all a joke. It’s good this happened" She said as Ross nodded.
"Dad really made the right choice putting you in charge. He knew you would protect it."
"I feel like I'm in a big puppet show, and someone is just there pulling the strings." She said walking over to Ross as she gave him a big hug. Belinda loved her brother. To her, he was like a rock and shield. Also their twin bond strengthened their relationship.
"Don't worry, it'll all make sense. On the bright side, he’s a total eye candy." He said giving her a kiss on her forehead as she hugged him tighter.
“You sound like a teenager. I really hope so." She said. "By the way, how’s Grace?” She asked as Ross smiled.
"She's great and expecting." He said as she smiled. "That's sweet, so you're finally gonna be a dad." She said making his smile widen.