Chapter 3

Belinda sent her reply to Miles after giving it some serious thought. They begun going on dates even though it was more like a show for the press. They got engaged and did the introduction after 3 months. Belinda's relatives in Nigeria were all in attendance. Those of them overseas could not attend. Her aunts were in the kitchen taking care of  refreshments. They had travelled down to Ondo state for the introduction. The girls were in the room applying make up and getting dressed. The boys were doing the same thing at their side. Olakunle Adewilliams, Belinda's father's younger brother, stood as the father of the occasion. The elders of the house sat beside him on his right side while Miles family sat on the left side. Miles was dressed in blue senators, while the others wore black senators. The guys from Belinda's side were dressed in blue buba and shokoto.Belinda wore a red Yoruba buba and gold iro with another hung over her shoulders. She was beautifully adored with beads. Her cousins and sister dressed in the same manner but with blue top. The boys like wise looked handsome in their attires. Her mother came and settled beside her uncle. She was walked down by Ross and flanked behind by Brooke and the other girls.
"You know you don't have to do this." Ross said to her as she looked at him and smiled. "I know, but I want to." He squeezed her fingers and left her standing beside their uncle.
Miles looked her over. She looked speechlessly beautiful in her attire. She was a naturally beautiful girl with no effort but looked amazing with this little effort.
Olakunle cleared his throat and looked at Belinda. "Belinda, my daughter, this man has seen a ripe fruit and has come to harvest it. Should we allow him?"
Belinda looked at Miles with a smile on her lips and an icy look in her eyes which scared the hell out of him. She turned and faced her uncle as she nodded her approval and said yes.  The whole room erupted into an applause as the palm wine was served.
"I've lost my right over my girlfriend." Miles heard Ross joke to Brooke who slapped his shoulders and laughed.
"Naughty boy,  u don't want her to marry abi you want Grace to kill her." Brooke joked.
"Grace understands, eh...."
"Understand what. So this is who you've been cheating on me with eh" Grace said faking tears as the room burst into laughter.
"You know your my one and only,  she's just my fling... "
"Me, fling. So after all we've shared you call me a fling, we better break up now oh." Belinda said as Ross laughed.
"Bell love... "
"Don't love me anything. We've quarrelled big time." Belinda answered as she and Grace laughed.
"So una too don gang up against me? Brooke, Shey we still dey go." He asked winking at her.
"Beta comot your eye from her corner oh." Julius, her husband said placing his hands over Brooke's shoulders.
"It's okay, I'm alone. I won't complain." Ross said laughing just like everyone. Miles stared at Belinda in awe. He'd hardly seen her smile that he was so unsure if she smiled,  but looking at her now made him promise to go out of his way to make her happy.
******
Chidi was furious.  He'd sworn to destroy Salamander for what the late Adewilliams family had done to him and he'd ended up creating a union. He'd hoped that  Belinda would be so strong headed to ignore Miles until he destroyed the company. He threw a picture of her family and groaned in anger. He was going to have his revenge no matter what happens.  He'd destroy the Adewilliams for destroying his life.