Chapter 5

Edited 31/5/19
Chapter 5
Miles and Belinda had arrived the Bahamas for their honeymoon. They checked into Miles' resort and arranged their stuff. Belinda collapsed immediately on the bed. Plane landings always made her dizzy.
"You okay?" He asked sitting beside her.
"No" She said as she stretched out her hands to touch him.
He took hold of her hands and laced his through.
"Get some sleep." He suggested as he caressed her fingers.
****
Miles geared her up as she looked at him, the unsure look still on her face.
"You do know I'm going to be with you the whole time right?"
"That doesn't make me any comfortable."
"You should know that I'll never let you do anything remotely dangerous, or don't you trust me?" he asked as she answered immediately.  She trusted him, with her heart, her body and soul.
"Then I won't let anything happen to you. "
"This isn't the best way to overcome fear you know. "
"I'm even surprised you can actually swim."
"Very funny, and I'm not afraid. I have a great dislike for large bodies of water."
"And off we go." he said as the boat took off.  It was a miracle she managed to stand on the ski considering how fast her heart beat and how scared she was. She soon gave in to the adrenaline rush and let herself enjoy the ride.
"That was awesome!"
“Does it mean we should go again?”
“Nope, it means I should find the nearest eatery and fill my hungry stomach.”
“Then come on.” He said as he dragged her away from there and into the room.
“Get changed, I’ll be right back. He stated as he left the room, giving her space. He felt very nervous, he’d have to tell her soon, if he didn’t want to lose his mind. Being near her, touching her, seeing her smile, all those things were messing with his mind. And if he didn’t do anything soon, he’d lose his mind and do something crazy, perhaps, something that’ll make her hate him.
He'd have to do it today or never.
*****
"Are we there yet? "
"Almost."
Silence
"How about now? "
"Nope. Just be a little patient Linda."
"Hump!"
"And here we are. " he said as he removed her blindfold. "Where...Wow!" She said as her heart beat faster within her.
Belinda took it all in. A little table sat in the corner with Rose's round about, and on the table, was her favourite meal. Her heart swelled at seeing how much effort he put in to make this night special. She felt like jumping into his arms, and letting him kiss the life out of her, but she didn't want to come off as desperate. Where were all this insecurities sprouting from? She was Belinda Adewilliams-Davis. She was bold and confident, not insecure...
"Babe... " Miles said as he touched her gently.
"What do you think?"
"You did all this?" She asked as he smiled.
"You're amazing!" She said as she gave him a peck on his cheek. "You're the best."
****
Nothing was more beautiful than dinner under the moonlight, with the stars shining and the waves dancing around you. Belinda smiled to herself. This was the perfect man,  the one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, but sadly,  she had just about 273 days left to spend with him, and she wanted more. She wanted to be greedy, and selfish. She wanted more time with him,  more time to love him, and more time for him to spend loving her... That is if he even did.
*****
They finished the meal in silence, neither of them wanting to break the calm of the night. It was a beautiful rhythm, and small talk was meaningless, but Miles had to break it,  if he wanted to do it, it was here and now.
"Linda... "
"Miles... You go first. "
"Um...well... "
"Just spit it out Miles." Belinda said as he gave a nervous laugh.
"Well, this might not be the perfect time and place, but I didn't want to lose an opportunity to tell you how I feel. " Belinda felt her heart beat increase. Was it for good or bad?  What was he going to say?
"And I don't know how your going to take it, but I can't hold it on much longer.
The thing is... I love you. " He said.  Feeling a lot better.  He never realised how much weight he'd carried with that confession. It felt like a whole baggage had left his chest.  And when he heard her reply in a soft velvet clothed voice, and a brilliant smile on her face, "I love you too",  he felt like he could fly.
*******
They stood before the alter, as they said their vows.
"I Belinda Funmilayo Adewilliams, pledge my love to you, Miles Kamsiochukwu Davis. I promise to love and cherish you, to take you as my all. To give my life,  time and strength to make you happy, to bear your losses and burdens, and spend my life making you smile." She said as she slid the ring onto his finger.
"I Miles Kamsiochukwu Davis, pledge my love to you Belinda Funmilayo to be my wife,  I promise to spend my life making sure a smile stays on your face. To hold your hand when you think you're alone, and provide a shoulder for you to lean on. I promise to devote myself to loving you now and forever." He said slipping the ring on her finger, as they sealed it with a kiss, the first true kiss in their relationship.
********
Well, I'm really glad I could rewrite this chapter, makes me feel so accomplished. And I'm not the most romantic person,  but I like originality,  so take my vows as they are.