Chapter 20

"Can I ask you something mum?" Steph asked her mum
"Sure, anything girl." She answered as Steph smiled. "Okay, here it goes. Can't you makeup with dad?"
Stephanie took in a deep breath. "Mum, I'm sixteen not six, anything can happen anytime. Well for one thing granny's death taught me that. I think we shouldn't waste any time still being angry. Dad is obviously sorry that's why he must be hanging around. I've talked to him about us once and he looked really sad while his eyes shone. Especially when he spoke about you. It's so obvious he's still terribly into you. I didn't tell you but I went to his house. I was surprised to see pictures of us in the house. I know it's creepy to know he was stalking us but it's still really cool to know he cared that much to stalk us." Steph said as they both laugh. "And besides, you never told me you were once extremely pretty."
"What?!" Belinda asked in surprise. "I saw your traditional wedding pictures and you looked awesome." Steph said in a childish squeal making both of them laugh.
"Okay, promise I'll think about it. " Steph said "should I tell you an embarrassing secret?" Belinda asked her daughter. "Spill mum!" Steph said excitedly. "Shhh, I don't want your dad to hear in case he's back." she said. "I never really stopped loving your dad. it was just the way he hurt me that affected me. someone i gave my heart out to.and besides there's a lot of things we need to resolve. "
"But seriously mum. I don't want to miss spending more time with my dad. I've already lost 16 years with him and honestly, I really love him. He's so cute and sweet and he's really nice to me."
"Who?" Miles asked coming into the room.
"You're back?" Belinda asked making way for him to sit.
"Yea." she said as he sat next to her.
"Someone's no longer crying." Miles said. "It's good to see you smiling. You look prettier when you do." he stroked her hair. "Just like your mum."
Stephanie cast a side ward glance at her mum and found her smiling. Belinda was never immune to compliments. "Let's get you checked out. I'm sure Efe must have finished preparing something for you."