Chapter 15

Edited 1/2/19
Chapter 15
Stephanie went over to Efe's room and dropped some clothes on his bed.
"I really don't know what to wear." She complained to Efe. He was in his room watching a movie.
"Can't you let me focus?" He complained. "I'm not even getting the story line."
"Just help me out please. Mum will be here in the next 15 minutes. Consider it payment for using my Wi-Fi."
"You really love black mail don't you. Why can't you ask Angela?"
"Just help me. Please."
"OK, OK" he said standing up.
He scanned the bed. "Here, wear this" he said handing her a pink crop top and black highwaist  jeans with black sandals.
"Thanks" said giving him a peck.
"That's why u should get a boyfriend."
"I know right. I've not seen a guy I like yet. Once I find one, I'll tell you.
"Na so. All the fine boys wey full estate. "
"I'm looking for one like my lovely Efe. "She said.
"You won't find.  You know I'm unique. " He said winking as Stephanie laughed leaving with her clothes.  She came back in five minutes later and showed off herself .
"I'm still wondering if you want to seduce your dad. "
"No way.  Not when mom is there. Besides who picked the dress? " She asked as they burst out laughing.
"Steph!" her mum called
"Coming?!"
"It's mum.  Catch you later. " she said giving Efe a peck and leaving the room.
×**********×
Steph entered the resturant beside her mum. She was carrying the same bag and had her hair packed the way Belinda styled hers. "You know we really look like sisters. " Stephanie teased her mum. 
"Of course darling. But I'm still your elder sister. " She said as they both laughed.  They caught sight of Miles and walked over to the table. Miles couldn't take his eyes off Steph.  She'd grown so beautiful.
"You girls look amazing. " He said giving Steph a hug and a kiss on her cheeks. They sat down and begun eating. Miles basically talked to Steph. He knew talking to Belinda wouldn't be easy and didn't want to ruin lunch. He asked Steph basic questions about school and other minor issues.  Belinda excused herself in the middle of lunch as she had some important work to do and asked Miles to drop her off. She gave Steph a kiss on her forehead before leaving .
"How's your relationship with your mum? " Miles asked her as a smile spread instantly over her face.
"She's the sweetest person on earth, except when she's mad at me. And she's really cute.  She's more like an elder sister than a mum." She said a huge smile still on her face.
They kept on talking as Steph gradually warmed up to him.  He was really a charmer. "Do you want to see my house? " He asked her.
"I'm not sure. Let me ask mum. "
Miles smiled.  "Don't worry,  I'll take you back to your grandma's house. Promise. "
"OK," Steph said agreeing to the offer. 
The drive back was peaceful and quiet She was sent speechless when she entered the house.
"Wow!"She exclaimed surveying the environment. "It's beautiful." She screamed running around once Miles opened the door for her.
"OK, this is like my dream home. I'm definitely having a sleepover here." She said as she ran up to Miles.
"I can have a sleepover right?"
"Why not? Let's make it a bonding night. You and I? "
"Of course. I'll just have to persuade mom to agree." Belinda sat in the parlour watching a movie when Miles came back with a black box. "For you " he said giving her the box as he sat beside her.  Belinda opened the box as her mouth dropped. It was a 5 carat gold watch.
"No way are you giving me this."
"It's yours. I bought it for your last birthday once I knew you were in Nigeria. Do you like it? "
"I love it, thanks dad. " She said giving him a kiss on his cheeks as Miles smiled, his heart swelling. He was making a headway.
She watched the movie to the end before going back home.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The end of another chapter. Phew

So what do you guys thing father daughter bonding cool or not.

Thanks for reading. don't forget to vote.