Chapter 13

Edited 1/2/19

Chapter 13
Stephanie knocked on the door as it swung open. A loud squeal escaped her lips as she jumped into the hands of her cousin. She'd missed him greatly. People joked that they were lovers in their past lives.
"How's my favorite baby. "
He asked dropping her on the ground.
"You've gained weight oh." he said as she grinned.  She just noticed his fiancee Crystal.
"Hello beautiful. "
She said as Stephanie gave her a hug. 
"You're still looking radiant. " She complemented.
"What is Efe giving you? " She asked as they both laughed.  The helps helped them bring in their luggage.
"Hello aunt" Efe greeted giving Belinda a hug. Crystal waved at her. 
"Good evening ma."  She said as Belinda smiled.
"How are you darling?" She asked as Crystal smiled. "great"
"Can't you call me aunt?" Belinda asked as she smiled and nodded.
"I'll try aunt. " she said and got a rewarding smile from her.
"Where are the others? " Steph asked
"The next compound." He replied. " The neighbors are so annoying, although everyone says they're awesome, but I find them overbearing. Two guys and a girl." Efe concluded going upstairs with Crystal.
"Oh , OK." She brought out her phone and called Angela, Ross first daughter.
"Babe"
"afa na"
" I'm in the house?"
"Seriously, we're coming." Angela said and quickly disconnected the call.
She turned to her siblings and cousins.
" Steph is around."
" Seriously?" Estelle asked surprised. She loved and adored Stephanie.
"Let's go."
"How about the movie?" Femi, their neighbour's son asked. He was about the same age as Angela.
"Just pause it we'll be back soon." She said as Estelle ran out of the house. She was so excited. She ran directly to the house into Stephanie's arms.
"I missed you." She said as Stephanie carried her and spun her around.
"My little princess, how are you?" She asked smiling.
"I'm fine." Stephanie placed her on the ground.
"You've gotten heavier. What's Mummy giving you?" She asked giving her a kiss.
Estelle smiled brightly.
"Goldenmorn, Cornflakes, white oats... "
"That's a lot of food."
Stephanie knew how to make her feel special.
The others trooped in later.
They exchanged hugs and kisses. Etiosa came in last. "Come here darling, give your love a hug." He said as he hugged her. He was Brooke's third child. He had a groovy and playful nature.
"Abeg no touch me." Stephanie said in pidgin.
"You no fit call me." Belinda said.  Her pidgin was terrible compared to her cousins.
"You know say I no get money." He said. "I really missed you." He laughed.
"How money take concern this matter?" she asked "just dey give yeye excuse."
"Nawa oh, I need money to buy airtime, to call you. " Etiosa answered with a smile.
Stephanie looked around the room. She was happy to be back. Everyone was here except Brooke's kids. Uyosa was in her Final year studying engineering and so couldn't come back, Etiosa was out with his girlfriend. Efe(25), Uyosa(20), Etiosa (19) were Brooke's children. Angela(17), Kelvin (15) , Greg(13) and Estelle (6) were Ross's kids.
************
"Let's go watch the movie before he plays it." Estelle complained. The problem was that Stephanie wasn't willing to follow them.
"I'll just stay here. There is light at least." She said.
"But I want to watch the movie and I want to stay with you." Estelle complained on Stephanie's laps.
Stephanie looked around the room. Everyone was really agitated.
"It's Chief daddy." Greg chipped in.
"I still can't come. I don't know them at all. I can't go there. Just go ahead, I'll just be with Efe."
"I'm gonna play the movie." Femi said immediately he came in. "The power supply will soon be interrupted."
"Meet our cousin Stephanie." Estelle said.
"But we call her Steph." She looked at Stephanie. 
"He's Femi, our next door neighbour" 
"Ok, lets go." Angela said as they returned to Femi's house. After the movie they left. Femi shut the door and went straight to his room. His mind went back to their cousin. She was so pretty and properly behaved not like the other girls he'd met. The family must really know how to raise children as they were all well mannered. She had a beautiful voice, smile and laugh. She also seemed caring, the way she took care of Estelle. Her thick black hair and fair complexion made her look like an American actress. "Stop it ." He said to himself. He'd just broken up with his girlfriend. He couldn't be having fantasies about another girl. He picked up the novel he was reading. Allegiance. He'd read it a hundred times but always came back to it. Just then he heard a car drive in, his aunt. Just great. Femi hated her with immense passion. She acted controlling, and was overbearing, and always got him in trouble with his dad. She sometimes tried to do crazy things like going through his messages, chats , contacts and questioning why the apps where locked. Femi left his phone open so anyone could take a call but he securely locked his messages and contacts. To him they were out of bounds. He quickly locked his room and pretended to sleep.
"Where are these children?" She asked as the house keeper opened the door.
"Aunty, welcome." She said taking her bags.
"Let me check if they are sleeping." She said.
She took the bags to her room and went up to check the children.
"Tell her I'm sleeping. Check the same for Bunmi and Segun. If they are in the room, tell her the same." He said as she left.
"Aunty, they are sleeping oh." She said.
"All they know is to sleep. I don't know how Testimony raised those children. They don't act like Yoruba children at all."
"Get me water to drink abeg." She said just as power supply was restored. She picked up the remote and tuned to African magic Yoruba.
**********