Chapter 12

Osas Ighodaro as Stephanie
Edited 1/2/19
Chapter 13
P

RESENT
Stephanie looked at her mother. She didn't know what to say. Her father had been alive all this while and she'd lived her life like this. She could not believe it.
"I can't believe you mum. No matter what, didn't you consider me, how I would have felt, how I would have grown up. Didn't you think I would have liked to meet him earlier?" She asked upset. Belinda didn't know what to say to her.
" I'm really sorry. I didn't know you'll feel this way about this." Stephanie just shook her head and closed her eyes. She couldn't believe that the one person she'd trusted all her life could deceive her that way.
"How could you Mum, I could have sworn that you'd never lied to me, only to keep such a secret from me. I never kept anything even my most embarrassing feelings, I told you, yet you kept something this huge from me." Belinda looked at her daughter. She wished she'd told her earlier, but she could never muster the courage to do so. Stephanie had her eyes locked in a magazine but she knew her mind wasn't there. They'd grown as close as sisters, not like mother or child. Stephanie remembered all the times she'd asked her mum about her dad. She'd never given her a substantial explanation of his death yet he was alive all these years. "This is the cruelest thing you've done to me. No matter how much he hurt you, you shouldn't have hurt me too." She said just as the plane landed.
**********
Belinda rolled her box towards the entrance. Efe, Brooke's first son was supposed to pick them up. Stephanie had gone to buy some snacks. She was lost in thought about her life. 16 years had gone by since she last met him. How would he look. How had he been, all these questions filled her mind. She'd tried to stop her heart from loving him, tried to stop herself from wanting him, but he'd stolen her entire heart. Just then, her thoughts were interrupted by someone she'd bumped into. "Sorry" she said bending to pick her things that fell."
"I'm so sorry" the guy apologized. I wasn't watching my path.
"That voice..." she thought
"No, it's okay" she said looking up dumbfounded. She stared at the figure in front of her like she'd seen a ghost. How powerful was her desire to attract him.
"Long time no see babe." He said in his deep  voice. She was still in her daze till Steph walked up to her.
"He's here mum. He couldn't come and sent the driver."
She said breaking the spell that held her staring at him. She quickly picked her things and walked away.
Miles looked back at the duo. His daughter had grown to become a beautiful girl. He was glad. At least his eyes had been able to see her.
He watched them enter into the car. He wished he could have held her back, look into her eyes and apologized, wished he could tell her how much he loves her. He just hoped it wasn't too late.
***********
Miles was still dumbfounded. He never imagined meeting her after 16 years. She'd gotten beautiful. Today to him was like a dream come true. Seeing his beautiful child after so long. He suddenly became sad. She'd grown up without him, his guidance, love, protection, advice. He'd try to meet her, talk to her. His dreams were finally coming true. He would correct all the mistakes and make sure he turns things for the better, and right his wrongs.