Chapter 6

Edited 31/01/19
Chapter 6
The plane landed in Port Harcourt. They came down from the plane and picked their bags.
"Do you feel dizzy?" He asked. "Kinda" she said.
They boarded a cab back to their home. Miles looked at her as she sat beside him. He was glad for the bonding time he'd spent with her.
"it's nice to be back here." He said as she nodded.
*******3 weeks later*******
Belinda stood by the sink washing dishes from the meal they'd just had while Miles cleaned the table.
"...so, when will you be returning?" She asked
"the next day. It's a short meeting." He said.
"That's good." She said and smiled. Belinda dropped the plate into the sink and held it for support.
"Are you OK?" Miles asked
"Yeah" she said trying to smile. This has been going on for a while now. Getting dizzy at irregular times even without being stressed out. She could not be pregnant as she'd seen her period for that month. She managed to finish washing the dishes.
"I'll be going to bed." She told Miles who nodded saying he'll come up after the news.
Miles turned off the television and walked upstairs. He entered the room and noticed Belinda wasn't on the bed. He searched all around the room but didn't find her. He then left to check the bathroom . He found her lying on the floor in her bathrobe. Miles quickly carried her off the floor and downstairs into the car. He quickly drove to the hospital. She was admitted and placed on oxygen and an IV drip was inserted into her. Miles sat by her holding her hands. The nurse left to run some tests. Belinda finally got herself.
"My head." She moaned trying to sit up.
"Lie down." He commanded "How long has this been going on?" He asked.
"A week now. It got worse some days ago." She said quietly.
"And I wasn't supposed to know?"
"That's not it. Just didn't want to bother you."
"You should tell me next time you fall sick."
"I'm not sick. " She protested.
"Of course, your just looking for a place to sleep" Miles said sarcastically
The doctor returned with the result. She was pregnant. Miles felt like his joy knew no bounds. He was going to be a father. He placed a kiss on Belinda's forehead as a smile lit up his whole face.
**********
Chidi put down the phone. Things were definitely working in his favor. He was going to deal with Miles for disrespecting him. He smiled to himself. For the hurt he felt, Belinda would get double.
**********
"Look, I'm fine ok" Belinda was saying to Miles.
"I'm not the first person to get pregnant"
"I know, but I still think you should stop working."
"Gosh, you're one of those overprotective husbands. And besides I'm just in my first month. I'll stop working when I'm in my last trimester. Ok?" She answered placing a kiss on his cheeks. Miles was still insistent but Belinda wasn't ready to listen. She climbed down the bed and walked over to the bathroom. She felt a sudden wave of nausea as she rushed to the toilet and emptied her stomach.
"Are you okay? " Miles asked nervously.  "It's the third time this morning alone."
"I'm fine, it's just because of the pregnancy. It'll be over soon." She brushed her teeth, quickly showered, dressed up and came downstairs to prepare breakfast.
"If you continuously act this way, I might actually fall sick, so stop it." She said to Miles who was all over her as he finally calmed down. Belinda finished preparing the meal and served it. White oats and bread.
"I'll drop you off at work. " Miles said with a note of finality as Belinda nodded, she was tired of arguing with him.
He dropped her off at work and promised to pick her after work.
******
"I'm so happy for you." Brooke said laughing when she heard the news. She'd known Bell would grow to like Miles and this icing on the cake was just perfect.
"You should really take care of yourself and the baby..."
"Please not you too. Miles has lectured me enough on the issue." She said as Brooke laughed.
"He must be really excited."
"He really is. Feels like he's on top of the world." Belinda said as her sister laughed.
"So how's work?" Brooke asked "Stressful" Belinda said as she heard a knock on her door. "I'll call you later seems like I have a meeting."
"Take care honey."
"You too" Belinda said hanging up.
****
"Why didn't you wait for me to call you? " Belinda asked as Ross called her.
"Why should I wait when I'm so happy for you. Your finally going to be a mum. That's like your life dream come true." Ross said as Belinda laughed.
"That's not true. Your just teasing me." She replied.
"Ah, your denying it now. Should I ask Brooke?"
"Abeg leave me joor." She said laughing.
"Thought you said you were never gonna make this marriage work?" Ross asked.
"Guess I fell in love with him. I mean he's expressly cute and so loving. "
"Hope you are resting properly. It's your first pregnancy so you should take it very easy. Grace quit working when she was pregnant for Angela. You should do so too."
"You know I won't do that. I can't stand a boring environment. Look Ross, I'll be just OK. I have to go now ok, call u later."
"Ok, bye."
"I wonder why everyone is telling me the same thing. I can take care of myself." Belinda said to herself dropping the phone.
"Did you mean what you said?" Miles asked her startling her. He'd come downstairs in the middle of the call.
"About what? " She asked teasingly.
"About loving me? " He asked as she smiled.
"stop acting like you don't know." She said to him, a smirk on her face.
"I'm terribly in love with you." She confessed as Miles took her lips in his. Kissing her slowly and lovingly. She let out a small gasp allowing him more access to her mouth. His tongue was insatiable exploring the recess of her mouth. Due to the mutual need for oxygen, they both pulled away as she smiled.
"What was that for? " She asked when her head had stopped spinning. "That's how I say I love you too." He replied as she smiled continuing their make out section.
Miles nipped his lips from hers allowing them to move to her neck as soft moans escaped her mouth.
"Miles! " she exclaimed softly.
"I can't seem to stop." He said
"I never asked you to. " She said as their slowly made their way to the guest room. Going upstairs was way too far.