Chapter 8

EDITED 31/01/19
Chapter 8
Jessica showed up in the house after a week. Belinda was still asleep so Miles had to answer the door. He opened it and closed it behind him.
"What do you want?" He asked rudely. He couldn't afford Belinda seeing her as early as this.
"I need money for my antenatal." She said boldly. Miles took a deep breath. "I'll send it to you" he said.
"Anything else? "
"No."
"Please leave."
"One second. Miles" she said stopping him. Don't forget you have a responsibility to take care of my child when it's born."
"It's not like I have a choice."
"Of course . Please send it soonest."
She said walking away.
Miles turned and almost had a heart attack when he saw Belinda standing at the door.
"Wh..whe..When..when did you come out." He asked her surprised.
"How many times has she come here without my knowledge?" She asked angrily.
"It's the first. " Miles said coming towards her. He placed a kiss on her cheeks, and enveloped her in a hug rubbing her back.
"Did you sleep well?"
"Yes" She said drawing away  and walking ahead of him. Miles drew her back
"You're lying. You're too stressed. And would you please stop pushing me away?" He turned her to face him. "You have dark circles." Miles said tracing his fingers below her eyes.
"And whose fault is it?" Belinda asked in her defense as Miles sighed dejectedly.
"Stop doing this to me. Please stop making me feel more guilty than I already am." He placed a kiss on her neck.
"I'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday. I guess I got so upset. I had a bad day at work and you weren't speaking to me so I kinda lost it." He apologised. "I'm really sorry babe."
"It's okay, I forgive you. " Belinda said smiling.
"Least I forget, Mum called, hope you didn't forget the fundraising event this evening?"
"Of course not." Belinda said taking a seat. "I'm not the one saddled with too much work that needs to be reminded." Miles laughed.
"Mum put in a call last night reminding me of it. Speaking of mother's, when last did you talk to your mum?" Miles asked
"Don't ask me that. " She cut in. She'd had a fight with her mum a week after her honeymoon.
"Try calling her even if you don't want to or have anything to say. Just find out how she is.  She's not going to be around forever."
"I'll think about it dear." She said placing her head on his shoulder. "How's my baby?" Miles asked caressing her stomach.
"She's kicking." Belinda said.
"What makes you so sure it's a girl?
"I'm the mother, it's my mother's instinct."
"I'm the dad, and I'm telling you, it's a boy."
"Dream on dear." she said as Miles laughed.
*******
Miles entered the bank. He smiled at the security men and passed a tip. He was a regular here. He walked up to the transfer section . Now he wished he'd asked someone else to do it. He was transferring money to Jessica. The most important thing was Belinda not finding out. He smiled at the lady over the counter .
"Good day Mr Miles." She said smiling.
"How are you Miss Estelle?" he asked reading off her name tag.
" I'm fine thanks." He passed her the slip and she completed his transaction in a minute. "Thank you." He said walking out. These kind of things could give a man a heart attack.

*********
Belinda ran through her box for the umpteenth time.
"I can't wear any of these." She complained aloud. She'd forgotten that she wasn't as slim as before and that she had added weight just the past week and so hadn't prepared anything else. She was about to call Miles when she heard the room door open.
"Is anything the matter , you look upset." Miles asked
"I don't have what to wear." She complained giving him a kiss.
"Is it even possible for you to not have what to wear when your wardrobe is loaded with clothes?" He asked amused.
"Don't mock me sweet. I've grown fatter, I can't wear any of these." she complained. "I still can't believe in just one month, I've added so much weight."
"Are you kidding me?  You've been eating like an elephant."  Miles teased  "besides that's why I advised you not to buy these body hugging gowns."
"Those things made me look nice."
"You look nice in anything, and you know it too." Miles said.
"Anyway, I got you something. Hope you like it." He said giving her a box. Belinda looked at him and opened the box carefully. It was a beautiful black gown with a low back and sweetheart neckline. She smiled.
" I didn't know you had eyes for dresses, it's beautiful." Miles smiled.
"I'm glad you like it. Get dressed, we'll be late. Or do you need my help?" he asked as she nodded.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm aware this chapter is short, so I'm making it up. hope y'all are enjoying my story. Thanks for reading, you guys are the best.