Chapter 16

"So,  tell me, how was your date? " Efe asked teasingly.
"It was awesome. He even got me a gift. " She said showing him her wristwatch.  It was embedded with gold at the handle and cover. The clock hands were also covered in gold and inside was the name Steph. "Take it from me,  he knows how to go all out. "
Steph chatted with Efe until she heard Angela's voice. She ran downstairs to meet her  and met her with Femi. She showed her the watch. "Take a look at my wrist. " She said displaying her hand before them.
"It's very beautiful." "Can I look at it closely? " Femi asked as Stephanie handed the watch over to him. "Do not put it on."  She instructed him." Femi took the watch and begun running towards the gate as Stephanie followed in hot pursuit.
"I'm in no mood to play,  so give it back." She shouted as she chased after him." Femi wasn't watching where he was going and tripped sending the watch to the middle of the road just as a car was approaching. Before Stephanie could do anything,  the car had ridden over the watch,  breaking the glass and sending it into the puddle of water that had formed after the early morning rains. Steph could feel her face turn red and her eyes boil with tears. She ran to the puddle and picked up her wrist watch  which had been completely destroyed and ran inside  to Efe's room.  Hot tears flowed down her eyes as she told him what happened.
"How could you be so dumb. Didn't you get what she said? " Angela scolded Femi
" Hey,  it's not like I meant for that to happen. " Femi said feeling completely guilty.
"You're annoying! "Angela said as she walked out.
*********.
" Hey,  it's okay. Your dad will get you something else.  '
"I hate him,  hate him,  hate him,  hate him. " Steph said crying harder. "Why does he have to bother me."
"It's OK,  love , clean your eyes and come here. " Efe said picking her to lie on his laps, where she cried herself to sleep .
*********
Angela came upstairs and saw Steph sleeping. "Did she cry much?" She asked Efe.
'I told you guys I don't like that boy coming here but does anyone listen,  no and just look how miserable she is.  No one can claim to know that she'd not been in touch with her dad and you guys let that guy ruin her mood like this. " Efe scolded angrily.
"I'm sorry. " Angela said. She hated it when people scolded her especially Efe. She was going to take out her anger on Femi. She walked out and saw him standing outside the door.
"Is she mad at me? " He asked nervously.
"What do you expect? " She asked giving Femi a glare that could slice through his heart.
"You know Femi,  if you like her just say so and stop picking on her. Your making all of us miserable and thanks to you,  Efe lashed out at me.  For the first time . He's never done that before but thanks to you that happened. Steph doesn't even hang around with us once you appear and telling you to leave is clearly unfair. If you like her just tell her that.  Stop picking on her and irritating everyone.  It's irresponsible. Lastly,  stop coming here. I think we should stop meeting till you're ready to be responsible." Angela said as she walked in and closed the door leaving an embarrassed Femi standing outside.

^^^^^^^

thanks for reading

love y'all

don't  forget to vote.