Chapter 21

Walking into the house made all the memories come back and her appetite disappear. "I'm not hungry." Stephanie said when Efe brought the food.

"How can you say that? It took me a long while to prepare this." Efe complained pulling the seat beside her. "I'd feed you if I had to do so." He said looking at her. Stephanie shook her head. "I'm not a kid." she complained.

"So, because your dad is here, you're no longer my baby?" he asked as she smiled at him. "I'm still you're baby." she said to Efe.

"Now, you know I cannot let my baby go around hungry. Granny won't like that." Efe said causing Stephanie to open her mouth. She ate the food in silence feeling very sad. Belinda watched her daughter in silence. She felt her pain. Over the years she'd settled her quarrel with her mum and they'd become as close as sisters. Stephanie had an even closer relationship compared to hers. Her mum had taken care of Stephanie liked she was her very own child. Anytime she had to travel because of work, or had any other reason to be away, Yemisi was ready to take care of Stephanie. She didn't mind taking the next flight or leaving that important work to be available. Miles walked up to her and rubbed her shoulders. She covered his hands with hers, a sign she was accepting his comfort. It was like they had reached a silent agreement. Belinda knew there was still so much they needed to talk about but that would be later. Stephanie looked up at her and flashed her a smile. She responded with a smile of her own. They both knew the smiles were forced. Miles felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He knew it was from the office. He kissed Belinda's cheeks and walked up to Stephanie. "Princess, daddy has to go to work." He said to her like he was speaking to a 5 year old. "Promise me you'll take care of your mum and yourself." He said as she nodded at him. He kissed her forehead. "I have to rush back to the office. I'll drop by as soon as I'm able to." He said giving her a kiss on her forehead. "Love you dad." She smiled earning herself a broad smile from miles. "Love you more princess. Take care Man." He said to Efe as he walked out.

^^^^^^^^^

The story is coming to a rest , just a chapter more and I'm super excited. thanks to everyone for being there .You all have been awesome.  if im super generous, i may throw in an epilogue. Don't forget to vote and share.