{23} STAR LORD

After the ship had crashed into the planet Berhart from an attack, courtesy of the Sovereign, a series of arguments between everyone had sprung, and oh the fact that Peter's dad had shown up just sums up what had happened today

The night had fallen upon us, all of us including Ego, Peter's father, and his friend Mantis had gathered around a campfire. Ego had went on about how he found us, known about his son, he even invited all of us to his home, and how he wanted to be the father he always wanted to be. Then he excused himself to take a whiz.

Peter just shot me a look of doubt and said, "I'm not buying it." You met his look and let out a sigh. "Let's go take a walk." You got up from your spot and grabbed his hand leading him into the woods.

"Give me a break! After all this time, you're just gonna show up, and all of the sudden you wanna be my dad?" Peter let out walking deeper into the woods. "I hear you." You told him following behind. "And by the way, this could be a trap. The Kree purists, the Ravengers they all want us dead." Peter went on. "I know but..." "But What?" Peter had cut you off.

"Remember the story you would tell the kids about the David Hasselhoff picture in your pocket and you would them that he was your father, but he was out of town..." "Shooting Knight Rider or touring with his band in Germany. I told you that when I was drunk. Why are you bringing that up now?" He asked. "I love that story." You answered looking into his eyes. "I hate that story." He said back. You sighed and turned away from him. "It's so sad! As a kid, I used to see all the other kids off playing catch with their dad. And I wanted that more than anything in the world." He said.

"That's my point, Peter. What if this man is your Hasselhoff?" You told him pointing in the direction where they left the group. You looked at Peter's face to see it soften. You went up and grabbed his hands and held them in your own. "If he ends up evil, we'll just kill him." You spoke and slightly tightened your grip for reassurance.

Peter looked down at your hands and seeing them intertwined puts a smile on his face and warms his heart. He looked up and said a "thank you Y/N" before unraveling your hands and placing one on the back of your head and the other around your hip. You wrapped your arms around his neck.

Peter stepped forward and placed his lips onto yours. You moved a hand to play with his hair as you both kissed in sync. After a moment you both pulled away and Peter dropped his head. You put a finger underneath his chin to make him look up at you.

"I will always be there for you, Peter. Don't you forget it." You smiled at him. His smile as a response was the only one you needed.

oops been a little bit since I last updated.