Chapter 6 - Asking Questions

Rick Castle's POV

I woke up the day after I had first gotten together with this Kate person. I couldn't really believe we had done it. We didn't even know each other, but on the other hand I had no idea how many women I had been with without even knowing them. The difference was it felt like I knew her, and it scared me. Kate was still asleep and she had her head on my chest. She looked so peaceful when she slept and I didn't want to wake her by moving so I lay perfectly still. I did turn my head towards the clock though, cause I needed to know how much the time was. It was 9am, so she should be waking up soon, she had slept for about twelve hours by now. Maybe the work she had was a really hard and stressful job. At least I guessed that and didn't want to wake her in case she needed the sleep. Suddenly her hand moved across my chest to her eyes. She rubbed her eyes and by that movement I knew she was about to wake up.

"Good morning sleepy head" I whispered and she looked up at me with surprised eyes.

It looked like she tried to remember what had happened and something clicked in her eyes before her whole face lit up with a smile.

"Heey" she whispered and I kissed her forehead.

"You look gorgeous" I didn't mean to say it out loud but somehow it escaped my mouth anyway.

"I don't believe you, my hair is probably all messy, plus I have no make-up" she said for sure.

"It's true, you are really beautiful" I said and I could see her cheeks turn slightly red.

I could see in her eyes that she was not used to compliments. What is it about this woman that was so mysterious? She seemed to be perfect and I felt like I knew her somehow. Like we were meant to be, yet I couldn't shake the feeling something was off with her.

"How about I make some breakfast? You hungry?" I asked and like it was ordered I could hear her stomach growl.

I started laughing and she blushed even more, though I didn't think that was possible since her cheeks already was very red. She avoided looking in my face, just like girls do when they blush. I wonder how many guys she had actually dated, it didn't feel like she was used to this kind of closeness. I kind of pushed her off me and with the same movement I placed myself so I was straddling her. Her hands were put on the sides of her head and I took them in mine, intertwining our fingers.

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on" I said and pecked her lips.

"You're only saying that to get me to do things" she said with a sad smile.

"Now, why would I do that? If it doesn't sound too creepy I feel like I've known you all my life, and I would love to get the chance to really get to know you" I said and pecked her lips again.

I could feel her getting disappointed with me only pecking her lips. Her lips wanted more, I could feel that. So I decided to tease her a bit, I pecked her cheeks, her nose, her forehead and she started to giggle. I loved hearing her laughter, it was like music to my ears.

"Stop it" she giggled and blushed.

"Give me one good reason" I challenged her and kissed her lips.

That's when her stomach notified she was still hungry.

"I guess that's reason enough" I laughed and kissed her lips one last time before getting off her.

I jumped out of the bed and put on my sweater clothing. I winked at her since she was still in the bed and started to walk out of the bedroom.