Chapter 14 - Heart Race

Rick Castle's POV

When we got to the airport we immediately went to the reception to ask if there was any flights to London any time within the hour. They told us we just missed one and that the next one would lift in one and a half hour. I sent away Kate to go buy some coffee for us before I turned to the woman we've talked to. Once Kate had gone away I started.

"I want to book two first class tickets on that flight" I said and the woman nodded.

She clicked around on her computer for a few seconds before asking.

"Seats beside each other?"

"Yes" I answered and started pulling out the money.

"You paying cash?" her voice was filled with surprise but when she looked at me shrugging she didn't ask further.

I gave her the money and she gave me the two tickets. I went to the coffee shop Kate had gone to and she had just gotten the coffee so she was on her way towards me. When she reached me I took her hand and we went to sit by a table. I took a look around to make sure we weren't followed. I took a sip on my coffee and so did Kate.

"You know, I can't really believe this... I mean, it feels so unreal that I should meet you and then it turns out you're my assignment... it feels like something that only happens in the movies" Kate said and I looked at her.

"Yeah, almost like Mr & Mrs Smith" I said and she laughed.

I loved hearing her laugh. She nodded agreeing with me and her laughing faded away.

"But in their case they had been married for five years before their bosses decided to take them out" I said.

"Six" she corrected and started laughing again, even harder this time.

"What?" I asked and started to laugh because she was laughing.

"In the movie he says they've been married for five years and she always corrects him to six" she said and I started laughing more.

When I turned my head to my left I quickly stood up and took a grip on Kate's arm. She immediately understood the situation and didn't make it any harder for me to pull her with me. I got her to the restroom and we got into one of them. I locked the door and Kate stood behind me. The room was small and it was a miracle we both fitted without being too smashed together, though I didn't mind having her body against mine.

"Who?" she asked whispering.

I turned around and her face was closer than I had thought. Her cherrie flavored smell hit me and I couldn't think of anything else but her.

"Rick" she said and I shook my head to clear my mind.

"A man and a woman who I've met once or twice before was out there. I think pretty much everyone I work with know your signalments" I stopped and looked on her "or maybe not, cause I didn't... don't you have any membership on any social network?"

"No, I never had one and when I joined the job I thought it was better not to" she answered and I nodded.

"Anyway, if they saw me with you I'm pretty sure they would figure out who you were, with signalments or not, they would know it's a woman I'm after" I said and I couldn't meet her eyes.

She placed her hand on my cheek and made me look down either way. The static I'd felt before shot through my cheek down to my whole body. I looked into her eyes and I drowned in them. If we ever have kids, I hope they will have her eyes. The thought took me back. Where did that thought even come from? But I had to agree with my inner voice, her hazel eyes were the most beautiful I had ever seen.

"We can get out of here, the only thing we have to do is get out when the gate opens and get on that plane. Then they won't bother us anymore" she whispered and I agreed.

Before I could think further I bent down and kissed her lips. I let my tongue brush her lower lip and she opened up. Her taste filled my mouth and I put my hands on her back to pull her closer to me. Her arms were soon around my neck and she fiddled with my short hair. The kiss deepened and when I pushed her a bit back she hit the sink. Our lips were ripped apart when she turned her head to look at the sink and grabbed it to not fall.

"Oops, sorry" I said and she turned to me.

She started giggle and her cheeks turned a light red when she got her balance back and pulled her body closer to mine before stepping on her tiptoes to reach my lips. She kissed me and the heat in the small room raised. I deepened the kiss and it became more passionate. If it wasn't for the small room and, most of all, the fact that we were in a public restroom, I would've ripped her clothes off already. But I tried my hardest to contain myself. Though I couldn't stop myself from slipping my hand under the sweater she still had on her. At first I let my hand rest on her belly but the more passionate the kiss became the higher up I let my hand go. I was inches away from her breast when she herself slip her hand under her sweater and took a grip on my hand. She moved my hand to her breast and made me grab it. Without hesitation I started caressing it and she let go of my hand with a moan slipping through her lips. That was the last thing I needed. Suddenly my pants were very tight and I didn't quite know what to do. I felt her smile into our kiss, she had probably felt the change in my body. She pulled away from our kiss and looked up at me with a big grin.

"What is it Rick? This too hot for you?" she teased and I shook my head.

"No, you are" I answered and press my lips against hers again.

She laughed between our kisses and soon she grabbed my hand again, but this time to take my hand out from under her sweater. She pulled away panting and let her forehead still touch mine.

"We better get going" she said and I suddenly remember where we were and why we had gone here in the first place.

"Right! Let's go" I said and before I unlocked the door I fixed myself so it wouldn't look too suspicious when the two of us would come out of the restroom.

She did the same and with a nod from her I opened the door. I peeked outside to see if the two spies were anywhere near the coffee shop. To my relief I couldn't see them anywhere to be found. I got out and when Kate came out from behind me I felt some strange and suspicious looks on us. I ignored them and reached my hand back to show Kate that I wanted her to take it. She did and we went through the airport towards our gate. We tried walk as normally as we could like a couple on their way to a vacation trip.

"Rick, there" Kate said and pointed towards our gate.

I nodded and we headed in that direction. The plane had just arrived and was now being emptied with the people who had just arriven to their destination. We sat down in one of those uncomfortable couches and waited for the gate to open. During the whole time we sat there I kept my eyes searching the place for those agents, in case they were going to jump on the same plane the only thing that was left doing was to go and get a private jet out of here. The reason I hadn't done that directly was because there was no way I could fly that without letting the airports know to where I was taking the flight, and with whom I was with. Which would make it a lot easier for the people who's looking for us to actually find us.

"Flight to London, departure time 6:30 pm, gate 13 are opened now" a woman voice sounded through the airport and with a sigh of relief me and Kate went aboard the plane.

A/N:

Here's the next chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! Please comment your thoughts!