Chapter 26 - Hacking Were We Don't Belong

Rick Castle's POV

We'd been sitting in front of the computer for hours. Kate had given up on looking at the three computer screens and had went to the laptop starting on that one, trying to hack her own agency's server. I was starting to get tired of looking for something I didn't even know where to find. I rubbed my eyes and turned towards the middle of the floor where Kate had placed herself. She was laying on her belly with the computer in front of her. It didn't look like a comfortable position but I bet she'd tried a few during the past hour and found out that was the most comfortable one.

"You find something?" I asked and she looked at me with a cute yawn she covered with her hand.

"Not really, you?" she asked and I shook my head in disapointment.

She sighed and put her head in her hands. It looked like she was about to give up and to be honest so was I. Maybe we would never be safe. Maybe we would have to hide for the rest of our lives because of love making us fall for our missions. Missions... maybe we wasn't targetted for us.

"What if we're not targetted for anything special but just because we are from different agencies? Cause I can't find anything on you" she said and I turned to the computer again.

"Maybe our agencies are enemies" I thought out loud and wrote in her agency's name in the search box.

The search had ten results and I clicked on the top one. It said our agencies had been working together for 50 years and that we never had had a better partnership.

"What the...?" I said and I heard Kate immediately raised from her spot and walked towards me.

I could feel her hands land on my shoulders and she read the article over my head. I saved the page up in left of the three screens and in the middle I took up the second result. That one said agents from both our agencies had saved the president's life together. I put that article in the right screen and put up the third search result in the middle screen. It said that if our agencies hadn't worked together we would have had another 9/11 attack by now.

"If we're from agencies working together why the hell do they want us dead?!" Kate outbursted.

I looked into the other articles and everything said the same. The agencies worked together since they had the best agents and together was the only way to save the country as we know it. Kate had gone over to the laptop and had it now on the table beside my right screen and sat in a chair beside me. She's searched for my agency's name and all the articles on her computer said the same things.

"Then why do they think we're threats? Who gave the order for you to kill me?" I asked and she looked at me.

"My boss, I think. I get all my assignments via an iPad" she explained.

I nodded. So maybe it was something personal?

"What's the name of your boss?" I asked.

"Ron Hall" she answered and I tried to think back.

I had never heard of the name before so why would he like to kill me?

"Yours?" she asked and I looked at her.

"Yvette Barrett" I said and she got that wrinkle between her eyes again.

I could see she really tried to think back.

"Other than mentions in those articles, I've never heard that name before" she said and I nodded.

"Same here with your boss" I said with a sigh. "With other words, we're nowhere closer to solving this than we were before".

I continued looking around onthe site but didn't find anything. I looked into my own record to see if there stood anything there on my own agency wanting me dead. Maybe they put out a wanted on me or something. But yet again I found nothing. Not even something about me not following the mission and being out in hiding. Or maybe they thought I was out doing my job. I heard Kate breath something but when I looked at her the facial expression she had didn't show any sign of speaking. My forehead wrinkled before she turned to me.

"What?" she asked with wide confused eyes.

I shrugged.

"It sounded like you were saying something" I said and her confusion disappeard.

"Oh" she said and turned to the computer before typing away on it and I looked at her screen.

She was trying to hack into her boss's account.

"Good idea!" I complimented her and started hacking into my own boss's account.

She was in before I was and while I tried to find something that could get me into Ron's account she had a shocked expression on her face.

"What?" I asked and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"I know why they're after us... and you could never have figured" she stated.

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, sorry for not updating sooner.. I haven't written the next chapter yet and I don't like not having two chapter ready... I figured I should give you this chapter now though cuz you've waited long enough. Hopefully I'll be able to write more chapters soon enough. Thanks for reading! Love you