Chapter 11 - Distrust

Kate Beckett's POV

As the daughter of the man I've come to love took angry steps towards me I saw Rick take a firm grip on Alexis arm before she could reach me.

"Alexis, calm down, she won't" Rick said and before the girl could argue he added "and I was ordered to kill her, so don't".

I looked at him with eyebrows high.

"That's why you knew my whole name" I said more to myself than to them.

"But, dad! She might be tricking you! How can you believe anything she's saying?!" Alexis bursted out and I took a step back at the power of her voice.

I felt a big lump in my stomach and the fear that struck me was bigger than I've ever felt before. At first I couldn't place what the fear was there for but when I looked into Alexis' eyes I understood. The fear I was feeling was fear for her not to believe me, for Rick not to believe me. I didn't know if I would be able to continue living my life if he didn't believe me. How could I feel this way about some guy I just met? What was it that made him so special? And why did they want him dead? I looked down in the floor and I did not know what to do. How could it be that my heart always made an extra beat when I looked at him? Every time we touched it felt so right, and here was his daughter and I knew she doubted me. But I couldn't exactly blame her, if the roles were reversed I probably wouldn't have believed me either. I mean, why would she? As far as she knew I was sent here to kill her dad and I understood how she could think I was just fooling him but the truth was that I had fallen for the wrong guy. I had fallen for the enemy yet I couldn't feel more happy about it.

"Alexis, she's not bluffing" Rick said and I looked up at him just to meet his blue and warm eyes.

The love in his eyes was overwhelming.

"How can you be so sure?" Alexis asked still not trusting anything about me.

Rick dropped Alexis arm and made his way to me. All I could see was his eyes. His beautiful ocean blue eyes. Suddenly I didn't care about Alexis anymore, I didn't care about the dangers that might lay uppon us. All I cared about was him. His eyes staring down into mine. I could feel his hands landing on my hips and the static from his touch shot through my body. His smile made me smile and slowly I raised my arms and put them around his neck. While I looked into his eyes his head slowly bent down and when our lips finally touched the static that shot through my veins was overwhelming. The kiss was deep and as I heard Alexis clear her throat I pulled away from Rick.

"You trust her?" Alexis questioned and I looked at her with my worry shining through me.

"Yeah, I do" Rick said and I felt his gaze on me.

I blushed and took away my arms from Rick's neck.

"We should get going, like I said I don't know if they will get through your daughter to get to you" I said patronizing.

"Then you should go call gram, you two will have to disappear for a while" Rick said looking at his daughter.

I was confused since I had no idea who this 'gram' was. But then I remembered our conversation were he mentioned her. She lived with his mother, her grandmother. And that must be who 'gram' was.

"Yeah, were should we go? And why can't we go with you?" Alexis asked and looked straight at Rick.

Rick started walking towards some bookshelves and drawers. When he had the back towards us Alexis gave me a glare which pretty much told me that she wanted nothing to do with me, and that she didn't like the thought of her dad and me being in the same room. I tried to hide the uncomfortable feeling I had in my whole body so that Alexis wouldn't see it. But I could see in her eyes that she knew exactly how uncomfortable I was. She even showed a smirk to confirm it. I moved my eyes to Rick instead.

"I think you should go to Paris, I think you two can be safe there as long as you don't draw too much attention to you, which I know you can keep your gram from doing" Rick said and opened a drawer and took out two handbags which looked pretty stuffed.

He turned around and in the corner of my eyes I immediately saw a fake smile on Alexis' face. What a little brat! I thought we could become friends, but maybe that was something we would never be able to be as long as I was with her dad. Or maybe her hostility was because she didn't trust me yet. Rick went to her and gave her the two handbags.

"Go home to gram, tell her what's going on, leave Kate out of it, just tell her that you might be in danger and that I told you to go to Paris. Pack as much you can and then after that you go to the airport and buy tickets to a flight with cash, ok? That way they can't trace you that easy" Rick said and Alexis took a look inside the handbags.

To my surprise there was A LOT of money in it. Like a hell of a lot. Alexis must have seen my surprised look cause as soon as Rick left the room to go do something else she looked at me with a pair of surprised eyes of her own.

"You don't know how famous my dad is?" she asked and I shook my head while blushing. "Then why are you still around?" she asked and I recoiled by the strange question.

"Why should I stay because of how famous he is? Oh" I asked but my voice died by the question.

She thought I was there because of his money! Was that why she disliked me so much?

"Look, I'm sorry that I got the mission to kill your dad, and I'm sorry to the fact that I would have completed it unless I had met him without knowing who he is" I apologized and without my permission I felt my eyes get watery.

I quickly tried blinking away the tears and I turned away from the now curious girl.

"You're a spy too then? Why did they want my dad dead?" she asked and the hatred I had seen in her eyes was almost completely gone.

"Uhm, yes to the first question and I don't know why" I answered unsure how to say it.

"Did you fall in love with my dad?" she asked and I took a step back in surprise.

I looked at her with wide eyes. I thought about her question and my thoughts were droven to Rick. I thought about his hair, the soft it was when I dragged my fingers through it. I thought about his lips, the way they fitted perfectly against mine. His skin, that felt so perfectly against mine. And his eyes, his blue enchanting eyes, the way they made me drown had never happened to me before.

"Well?" Alexis' voice brought me back to reality.

Slowly I started to nod.

"I-I think so" I said and she started to smile.

That's when Rick decided to come back to the room and he had a packed bag with him. I looked at him and couldn't keep my eyes of him.

"What?" he asked with a straight face and wide confused eyes.

I shook my head and I felt the heat on my cheeks burn. I saw Rick look at Alexis for answers but in the corner of my eyes I could see her shrugging.

"I should go call gram, let her know before I get home" she said but without even thinking I let out a "no".

When both Rick and Alexis looked at me with a questioning look I stumbled through the words.

"The-The phone. I'm not sure that's safe" I said and I could see in Rick's eyes that he immediately understood what I meant.

"You should get going" he said and when Alexis turned around Rick stopped her by grabbing her arm. "Oh, and use the identities in the handbags, buy new cellphones with them" he added before pulling her in for a big bear hug.

I smiled at the sight. He really did care for his daughter. No matter what happened, I would not let anyone take him away from her. Even if my life depended on it.

A/N:

Here's the eleventh chapter! Like I've said in one of my pics I will be off tomorrow on a vacation with my family so it's not for sure I will be able to post more chapters until I'm home again. Maybe I will be able to post one more chapter tomorrow in the car drive but I can't promise anything. Anyway hope you liked this chapter, please let me know what you think! <3