Chapter 31 - Invite

Chapter 31 - Invite

Rick Castle's POV

My first thought was once again that it was the agencies who had found us but then I remembered the last time this happened. I looked over at Kate and we both silently walked towards the door. I mimed to her asking if she had her gun somewhere near. he shook her head and I placed my hand on the doorknob. I unlocked it and prepered my body for battle in case it was someone who was going to kill us.

"Hello again, sorry for bothering" Viola said.

This was really starting to piss me off. Why would we be the ones getting the nosy neighbors?

"Hello" I said as friendly as I could.

I opened the door a little more and Viola noticed Kate at my side.

"Oh, you two always opens the door together?" I could feel Kate stiffened. "That is so cute!" Viola exclaimed and I sighed quietly of relief.

I looked at Kate and I could see her cheeks getting a fading shade of red. I put my hand around her waist and hugged her from the side. She put her head on my shoulder and I kissed her head before returning to the still there neighbor. Viola looked at us with awe in her eyes. I gave her a friendly look to tell her to go on, that we didn't have all day, even if that wasn't totally true. We didn't have anythig planned for today but we needed planning. We couldn't be in hiding forever.

"Oh sorry, I was just gonna invite you over tonight for a little barbeque. I thought it could be fun to get to know each other now that we finally have more neighbors" she said and pointed to her house.

"How many are coming?" I asked and she looked at me with a wrinkle between her eyes. "We're not really the big crowd types" I added quickly.

"It's going to be us and two more families, so we'll be nine people" she counted in her head.

I glanced at Kate and she looked at me. Together we decided without any words needed.

"We'll be there" we said in unison.

Viola's face turned into a huge smile. I looked at Kate and smiled at the fact that we actually managed to say it at the same time. I had never done that with anyone before, not in perfect synchronization. She looked at me with the same smile on her face.

"Well, then, see you at 6?" Viola asked and Kate nodded.

Viola started to walk away and I closed the door. I turned to Kate and we looked at each other. Suddenly a thought struck my mind.

"What if any of them recognize me?" I asked aloud.

It hadn't even crossed my mind while we were talking to Viola. She hadn't recognized me. had she?

"Oh god, hope not" Kate said with and her face quickly wrinkled in a worried face.

"How do you even do that?" I exclaimed and she looked at me with a very confused facial expression.

"Do what?" she asked and her wrinkle between her eyebrows appeard.

"Do such a confused and worried face yet stay looking so cute and hot at the same time" I said and her cheeks immediately turned red. "See, and let's not talk about when you're blushing!" I exclaimed and she hid her face in her hands.

I softly touched her hands and slid them away from her face putting myself only inches away from her. She looked up at me with her hazel colored, hypnotizing eyes and her lips formed a sweet smile. Her eyes told me everything I needed to know. She had put all the love she could in them and I did the same. I couldn't help myself but to break our eye contact for a split second to look down at her tasteful lips. I leant down and kissed her. We pulled away but left our foreheads still touching.

"No matter what, tonight, if they recognize you or not, I'm here for you. You're not going anywhere without me, got it?" she whispered and pecked my lips.

"Got it" I whispered and kissed her lips.

We intertwined our fingers and just stood there for a while. Breathing in each other's scents. She had that cherrie flavored scent that made me become all soft inside. She was the only one who cold make my body go completely numb and put down my guard. It was a good thing she hadn't decided to kill me cause if she had, I would've been dead by now. Before she told me who she was I had literally no idea who she was and she could've easily just killed me right there in my loft and then made it look like a suicide or anything else. I started kissing her face. Moved all around, first her forehead, then her cheeks and her nose and her closed eyes. She started to giggle and I kissed her neck. I sucked a little on her pulse and she couldn't help but moan. I stopped and looked at her. She continued giggling and her cheeks became redish. I grinned at her.

"Why do you keep teasing me?" she asked and hit me lightly on my chest.

I grinned and I quickly pecked her cheeks.

"I can't help it, it's your own fault" I said and she faked a hurtful gasp.

"How can it be my fault?" she asked and I kissed her lips.

I pulled away and she hit me in my chest again.

"Because you are too beautiful for your own good. I can't keep my hands off of you" I said and showed it by putting my right hand on her butt and giving it a small squeez.

She gasped and poked me.

"Plus I love when you blush and giggle" I said and I pulled her closer to my body.

Automatically she put her arms around my neck.

"Really?" she asked looking up at me with a very sceptical look in her eyes.

"Yes, how can I prove it to you? You seem to still not believe me when I say that I love you, and that I will be here. Yet you keep telling me the same" I said and she bit her lower lip.

The way she did it was too much for me to handle. I crashed my lips on hers and I pulled her even closer to me. Her hands quickly found their way to my hair and she bit my lip. I suddenly felt something change and she slowly pulled away from my lips. She looked up at me and I asked what was wrong with my eyes.

"What was wrong with Alexis?" she asked and I could immediately hear the worry she had in her voice.

A/N:

I am really sorry for the late update, I can't tell you how sorry I am! I've had so much to do. My school started a few weeks ago and I haven't had the time to write. Once I've gotten the time off I've just relaxed and to be honest I've written some on my next fanfic. You see I've kind of gotten stuck with this one and that's another reason why it's taken me such a long time to write this chapter.

Once again I am SO SORRY I haven't updated for such a long time...

I still love you okay? And I hope you all still like my story.