Chapter 12 - A Kill Offer

Rick Castle's POV

Once Alexis walked out the door I turned to look at the woman in my loft. She looked at me with a funny look which I couldn't read. But that small smile on her face was too cute for me to handle. I closed the last steps between us and took her cheeks between my hands. Her smile faded before it widened from one end of her face to the other and I could see her cheeks turn redder and redder for each second. I got butterflies in my stomach from the smile she gave me. The way she made me feel was... unbelievable. I hadn't felt like this before, not even with Meredith who was the mother of my only child and who probably should have been the one who made me feel like this. But she hadn't been, this beautiful woman in front of me right now was the one.

"What?" she asked, probably getting embarrassed by my starring.

I shook my head and could feel my own cheeks burn. My eyes were drawn to her lips, her red, full lips. They were so soft, and they fitted perfectly against mine as if they were meant to be together. I glanced up into her eyes again and saw that also her eyes were on my lips. I had no idea what she was thinking of but I hoped it was the same as me. I closed the few inches that was between us and our lips was put together like pieces of a puzzle. The kiss was light and when we pulled apart I knew I had done the right decision to trust her. Once Alexis had told me not to and I could see in her eyes how afraid she was that I wouldn't trust her I knew.I knew that I could, I knew that this was true because I could feel it.

"Let's just get out of here before they find out" Kate broke the silence and her smile faded away slowly.

I agreed and I glanced to my bag which I had packed with enough clothes to survive plus some stuff that might be necessary.

"We should go to your place so you can pack some clothes, we don't need much cause we can always buy more when we need to" I said and remembered that I had to go take out more money.

I went into my bedroom and signaled Kate to come with me. She followed without a word and the big picture I had of a lion on the wall stared back at me. I smiled a little and moved it to reveal a safe behind it. I turned the combination lock and said the numbers out loud cause I wanted... no, needed Kate to know the combination in case something would happen since that combination was the one I usually used.

"3...4...7...1...2" I heard every click and once it opened I looked back at Kate.

She had a shocked facial expression and at first I couldn't get why she had that wide shocked eyes on her face and especially not since her eyes glanced between me and my safe, like there was two things she couldn't decide what was more shocking.

"What?" I asked and looked into the safe.

The safe was filled with money I monthly had taken out in case I needed to go into hiding some day. There were a few million dollars, since I had done it monthly since the day I started my dangerous job. I had managed like one million each for my mother and Alexis, that's how much money I had put in those handbags I hade given to Alexis earlier.

"Why-I... How come you told me your combination?" apparently she had decided to what shocked her the most.

"Cause you never know when it can come in handy for you to know" I said and pulled out a bag from my closet to start stacking the money inside of it.

I felt Kate's arms around me and as I smiled I turned around and hugged her back.

"But promise you won't leave me? Promise you'll stay with me?" she pleaded into my chest.

I kissed her on the top of her head before answering.

"Always".

Her head bounced as I felt her nodding.

"Now, let's go over to your place" I said and she pulled away, agreeing.

I packed down the last money and we got out of my loft. I couldn't deny the fact that I was going to miss this place. No matter what this had always been my home. Once Alexis was born I bought this place cause it was a great place for her to play in and just... live in. I stopped when I stuck my key in the door and for a second I thought of staying, but pushed away the thought and turned the key. Kate must've heard my hesitation cause when I turned around she looked at me with a sad smile.

"You know, if you want to, you can stay..."

I felt my eyes widen and I couldn't do anyting but stare at her with shock.

"I can find a way to make it look like you killed me and then you can..." that was the last thing I could take.

I pressed my lips against her as hard as I could to shut her up. The second I could feel her lips stop moving like they were trying to speak I lighted the pressure but kept my lips on hers. My hands moved to her face as I caressed her cheek with my thumb, I felt her hands on my chest. Not like she was trying to push me away, but like she was trying to make sure I was really there. And I could feel her metling into me, it was like she became a part of me. A part that I would mever want to let go.

I broke the kiss and before I took any step away from her I pecked her lips.

"Never" I whispered and took a step back to fully lock the door and then took out the key.

When I turned around again I saw her biting her lip and I took the two bags in my right hand before taking her hand in my left and leading her out of there.

A/N:

Yaay I managed to make time and post the next chapter, hope you all enjoyed it! Please review!