Chapter 39 - United Plan

Rick Castle's POV

"You need anything?" the flight attendant asked.smiling as the plane was finally in the air.

I looked at Kate and she looked back at me with a thinking facial expression.

"Do you have any soda? Coke?" she asked and the attendant nodded with a fake smile on her face.

I knew it was fake, I could see it through, and I knew Kate could too. She had that same fake smile almost every flight attendant had, at least when they had had a bad day. Though, that was not my problem, nor Kate's. So I decided to let it go.

"I can have a coke too" I said and the attendant took out the coke cans giving them to us and telling us the prize.

I gave her the money and we waited patiently for her to get out of hearing zone, cause you never knew how bored she could be. If she was bored she could've been evesdropping on the conversations around the flight. I opened my coke and when I held it up towards Kate so did she. We clinked our cans and sipped the coke.

"So, how are we supposed to do this now?" Kate asked focusing on the can.

I waited for her to look at me but she didn't so I sighed quietly and tried to come up with something.

"They are highly ranked. Maybe it would be best if we just took them out?" I asked and she looked at me.

I could both see satisfaction in her eyes and fright. I knew she would want them dead because of what they did to her mother, but I also knew she was frightened of what she could be capable of.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out" I said and she sighed.

"When? When we are there? When we are about to..." she looked around, remembering the people around us. She lowered her voice and ended her sentence "about to die?"

I got her point. She didn't want to not have a plan, and neither did I. It was just hard to try come up with one. Usually I dealt with people not knowing someone was coming after them, or at least they wouldn't be that trained.

"How about we show up at their house? Or maybe at the location where your mom found them? That would be the perfect place to arrest them" I said looking Kate in her eyes.

Her eyes got a glimpse and I could see it was because she liked my idea. Either that or she just got it because she liked what she was looking at. But I knew that wouldn't be in her thoughts at the moment so I quickly pushed away that thought.

"Where is it by the way? Did you manage to get that address when you hacked the site?" I asked her and she nodded with a small smile on her lips.

"I know" she said proudly.

I could see in her eyes though that she wasn't so proud of it. Like she would much rather have forgotten anything of what had happened that day. The day her mother died. It must've been hell for her. I had never met my father so I couldn't really know how it felt like. My mother was still alive, in fact she was probably out shopping in Paris right this moment. It would be the typical Martha Rodgers. Maybe I should've called her before we went on the plane. Tell her about what I was going to do. Tell her that I loved both her and Alexis and that they shouldn't worry. Maybe tell them that if they didn't hear from me again they should stay hidden and continue use their aliases. They should know I love them, maybe I should call them once we land and tell them. Just in case something would happen.

"What are you thinking?" Kate asked interrupting my thoughts.

I focused my gaze on her and let her see into my soul, she let out an 'oh' and she took my hand.

"Call them, they deserve to know, but don't worry, I'll get you out" she said the last one lower.

I could hear she said it like that because she didn't want me to hear it. Like she had a plan on how to at least get me out even though it could mean her didn't.

"Kate, stop" I whispered and she bit her inside cheek.

I sighed deeply and decided for myself not to let her sacrifice herself for me. I wouldn't be able to live without her, and I certainly wasn't planning on it.

"So we get to where they work, then what? How are we gonna prove everything we know and have people arrest them?" Kate changed the subject.

A thought crossed my mind and I smiled big. Kate looked at me with curious eyes.

"What?" she asked when I didn't say anything.

"I know a woman who can help us! She hates me though" I said wrinkling my forehead.

"Who?" she asked and I shook my head.

"I'll have to call her first. She was my boss before she made me transfer" I saw Kate opening her mouth, "don't ask me why" I added quickly and she closed her mouth again. "And I bet she knows someone else who can help" I thought out loud.

Kate looked at me curiously but I just shook my head.

"We should get some sleep, we're going to need it" I said and after a few minutes of thinking she nodded.

She leaned her head on my shoulder and I could hear her sigh quietly. I kissed the side of her head.

"I know, I'm worried too, but we'll be alright, we have to be" I mumbled against her hair.

She nodded against my shoulder and I leant my head against hers. We stayed like that the rest of the flight. Or at least until we were about to land. That was when my fright started to kick in and I closed my eyes gripping the chair. I didn't like the landing at all. Kate felt the tension in my body and she pulled away to glance at me. I could feel her gaze on me. I peeked at her and could see her trying to hide a smile.

"You want comfort?" she asked with a whispery voice.

I remembered the last time we had been in a plane and I smiled a little. Her smile spread and she bit the side of her lower lip. She took my right hand and I intertwined our fingers. I leaned towards her and she crashed her lips against mine, not being able to wait. Her lips shot electricity into my body and my body went numb. The only thing I could feel was her lips and her hand touching my skin. The kiss made my mind foggy and all I could think about was her sweet lips against mine. Her tongue asked for permission and I let her inside my mouth. Her taste clouded my mind even more and by that time I had forgotten we were on a flight on the way down for landing. She bit my lip and I bit her back. Thanks to her distraction I didn't even feel the landing and when she pulled away I opened my eyes in disappointment. She smirked at me and her eyes flickered to the window and when I looked outside we had landed. I held up one finger in the air and Kate looked at me with a wondering face.

"One more kiss" I pleaded and she laughed.

After a minute or two she stopped and shook her head in embarrassment.

"Fine" she said and leaned forward towards me again.

This time it was me who crashed my lips on hers. I kissed her deeply and her hands started to fiddle with my hair. We didn't hear the captain tells his thanks for the passengers choosing this airline since were both too focused on the kiss. It was Kate who found her senses first and pulled away making our lips pop when they left each other.

"It's time, we need to make the calls" she said and I nodded.

"You're right, let's go start with the plan" I said and we raised to get out of the plan.