Chapter 15 - Electric Flight

Kate Beckett's POV

As the plane lifted I released a big breath with air I had no idea I had been holding in. The two persons Rick had seen was nowhere to be found on the plane and knowing that was like dropping a big stone from my shoulders. Maybe we could be safe now, at least for a while. Before we had jumped on the plane we had both disconnected our phones and thrown them away. We wouldn't need them anymore, since we couldn't use them without risking anyone tracking us. We would buy new phones with fake names once we were in London. I was going to be Katherine Hale and from what I had seen quickly on Rick's fake pass he would be Richard Warren as soon as we arrived in London. We were seated in the first class part of the plane, which had surprised me and yet it made perfect sense. I hadn't really imagined to ever get the chance to fly in first class but yet it was probably completely normal for someone so famous and with such money like Richard Castle. I still couldn't really believe he had fallen for me, like me me. He hadn't just used me like a one night stand but he was here with me right now! He was running away with me. How was that even possible? I was just a normal, non-extraordinary woman? Yet he was right here, beside me in a plane towards London.

"What are you thinking about?" Rick's voice startled me and I looked at him.

His blue gaze made me blush. I absolutely hated blushing, especially with him. Probably because there was no way he would miss it, since he was a spy too and therefore trained to notice the small differences. And in his eyes I could see how much he enjoyed seeing me blush. There was like a small glimpse in his wonderful blue eyes every time I felt my cheeks turn hot.

"Nothing" I said and he looked at me with one of those 'you-are-not-fooling-anybody'-looks.

I shook my head with a smile on my lips which I couldn't contain.

"Come on" Rick pleaded and pouted with his lip. "Tell me."

I looked at him and got lost in his eyes. They really were blue as the ocean, and deep as it too. Our eyes were locked to each other's until I was about to tell him what was on my mind.

"I was just thinking..." I snapped out of this trance and stopped my sentence. "No" I added and shook my head. "You're not getting to know everything I think about" I said and he pouted with his lip again.

Without any warning at all he leaned towards me and I felt every inch of my body freeze. He was so close to me. So close that our skin almost touched.

"Not even if I do this?" he whispered and leaned the last inches to kiss my neck.

I felt the electricity shoot through my veins with each of the kisses he gave me. I had to try my best not to moan or give in.

"No" I managed to get out without moaning it.

It was just a whisper but I knew he could hear it loud and clear. He could probably hear the moan I was trying hard not to let slip through my lips cause I felt him smile and chuckle against my skin. He left my neck and kissed his way up to my lips. His soft lips teased mine by only pecking them a little before actually kissing me. It was hard for me not to forget that we were on a plane and there definitely was other people on here too. The deeper the kiss became the harder it got not to go all in. He broke the kiss when we both almost were in it too much.

"Still not telling me?" he whispered as he leaned his forehead against mine.

I tried to catch my breath and not to breath too loudly before I answered.

"No, I won't" I whispered and suddenly his lips were on mine again.

I wanted to break it off cause I knew that if I let him kiss me long enough I would probably give in but I just couldn't. The static that shot through my body was too tense, it was all I ever wanted to feel. As he broke the kiss once again I managed to pull myself away from him a bit.

"How about now?" he asked and I shook my head, not trusting my voice would do good.

He sighed and to my relief it sounded like he gave up, at least for now. He took my left hand in his right and we intertwined our fingers. When I thought he wasn't looking I bit my lip. It still tingled after the surprising kisses. I felt the smile appear on my lips and I started to think too much like I always did.

If we got out of this alive, then maybe we could be together like a normal couple. Not being afraid something or someone would ruin everything. But that would probably not be the case. We wouldn't be able to fall in love like normal people do. We wouldn't get to go through bad and good times which normal people would. And we would never be able to even think about getting married and have kids cause if we did, then it would be even more dangerous if we were found. Plus he already had a kid, there was nothing suggesting he wanted more. And even if he did, why would he want them with me? How did these thoughts even get into my head? Why was I so girly all of a sudden? Lanie and Jenny had both talked about stuff like this but I had just thought they were pathetic and here I was. Sitting on a plane letting my own thoughts travel around like bees in a garden filled with flowers. They would complain I wasn't more girly and they would blame my job for that. Like the job made me more of a statue than the friend they had known me as before the job had taken over my life. Thinking of Lanie and Jenny made me realize how much I was going to miss them. I would miss having them around to tell me what to do and what wasn't a good idea when it came to guys. They knew stuff I didn't. I hadn't been dating or been together with a person since I went out collage. After collage, all I could think about was getting this job to get to the bottom with my mother's killing. Plus I had other reasons, like I wanted to feel closer to her than I already was. That's also why I always had her ring in a chain around my neck. I never took it off, not even when I was sent on a mission.

Without really thinking about it I leant my head against Rick's shoulder and closed my eyes. Before I even knew it, I had fallen asleep from the comfort his presence seemed to have as an effect on me. As I slowly drifted away I was dreaming about a life with Rick without any of the complications.