Chapter 23 - Tension and Worries

Kate Beckett's POV 

I sat on the floor watching as Rick put together all the contacts from the AC outlet to the computer and cables from there to the three screens he had bought. The tingling feeling never leaving my lips. Rick started the computer and started the installation on it. Connecting the three screens to it but still making it look like three different computers. I wonder what Lanie and Jenny would say if they knew where I was right now. I bet they would be shocked cause they would never figure I would even be able to be in a relationship. 

"Oh my god" I said and raised from the floor.

I felt the look Rick gave me but I ignored it and ran up the stairs to get my phone. I had left it at our room so I went in there and grabbed it. 

"Kate! What's wrong?" Rick gasped for air as he met me in the middle of the stairs from the second floor.

I looked at him with wide eyes and then I realized how ridiculous I was being and I let a smile break through my face. Rick looked at me first with a worried face then it turned into a confused one.

"Sorry, I'm just being ridiculous" I said and shook my head. "But my friends will kill me unless I text or call them any time soon" I said and I gave in for a small laugh.

I could see the worry and confusion leaving his eyes and turning into relief.

"I thought you remembered something that meant we were revealed and had to get us moving" Rick said with a relieving sigh.

"Sorry that I scared you" I said blushing and looking down.

"It's okay, just call your friends and let them know you're ok, I don't want them to be after you too" he said with a small chuckle and his hand landed on my back. I told myself not to look into his ocean blue eyes but like every other time I failed.

"Yeah I, uhm, I should" I said and I drowned.

I swear his eyes could make me do anything, like he could name something and I would do it without hesitating.

"Maybe they could wait just some minutes longer" he said and pulled me closer to him.

My eyes couldn't help but glance down at his lips and then up again into his eyes.

"You know, I really should go call them, but" I started and he decided to try end my sentence.

"But you're paralyzed to resist me and you have since you met me" he said and I just smiled and shook my head. "Don't try to deny it, I know it's true."

"Just shut up and kiss me" I said giving up and he didn't take long before he obeyed my wish.

His soft lips touched mine and the kiss went deeper than it was meant to be. The electricity from his touch was floating through my veins. His tongue smoothly brushed my lower lips and I let my lips split apart and his tongue quickly find it's way to mine. Our tongues danced together and the heat spun around my whole body. It circled around us there we stood in the stairs. My hands travelled up to his hair and I tangled my fingers into it. At least as much as I could considering I still had my phone in my right hand. All my previous thoughts on Lanie and Jenny getting anngry cause I hadn't called them disappeared from my mind and all I ould think about was his lips against mine. His tongue against my tongue. His hand going inside my shirt massaging my back. Skin against skin. I started backing up the stairs and I could feel that his first thought to my steps backwards was me trying to pull away from him. Oh, little did he know about the flame burning inside of me, the way only he could wake it up. Our lips parted and I took a grip on his shirt pulling him with me upstairs. I smiled and he followed. He walked a little faster than me and crushed his lips on mine again. Our steps led to the bedroom and apparently Rick thought I was walking too slow cause his hands slipped down my butt to my legs and pulled me up in his embrace, carrying me into our bedroom. When we got in our room I let go of a scream when he threw me on the bed.

"What the..?!" I shouted but I got cut short by Rick's hot lips against mine.

I laughed into his kiss and our tongues interlocked. He lay straddling over me and I could feel his hand snucking inside my shirt. I quick thought ran through my mind about him trying to tickle me again but that thought quickly disappeared when I felt his hand caress my breast. That was when the doorbell rang and both of us froze. Rick pulled away his face from me looking down in my eyes.

"You didn't order anything, did you?" he asked and I slowly shook my head.

We were both up on our feet in less than one minute and I headed to the drawer to get our guns. I checked mine and it was loaded, I clicked of the safety making my gun ready for what might come. We walked out of the bedroom when I suddenly turned around bumping into Rick on my way back in.

"What are you doing?" he asked and I pointed to the window.

"Maybe we could have a look from the window who's down there" I whispered but before I could reach the window Rick took a firm grip on my arm and pulled me back.

I turned to him with a questioning look waiting for an explanation.

"If it's them they will have a sniper watching the windows and I can't imagine what I would do if you got shot" he whispered being a little upset.

I thought about it. He was right, if it was them they wouldn't hold back for any surrender flag to pop up. I nodded and we moved to the stairs armed and ready for what might come.