Chapter 28 - Bad Things Happen

Kate Beckett's POV

"Don't you dare hurt her your asshole!" Rick screamed and I felt something trail over my arm.

It was something sharp and then the pain appeared. I saw the man holding the knife to my skin. I was tied up with ropes around a chair. I looked up at Rick, who sat right across the room tied up in another chair. There was a second man who stood nearby him and it looked like he was waiting for orders.

"Who are you? Why are we here?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"Oh, we're just here to have some fun, aren't we" the man by my side said turning to the man by Rick.

The man smirked and he took out a knife of his own. He quickly slit it across Rick's arm.

"No!" I screamed and tried to move.

Of course I couldn't. The man beside me pattered with his tongue and I looked at him.

"You shouldn't have done that" he said and the knife he had in his hand came near my face.

"No! If you touch her again I swear to god" Rick shouted in rage.

I looked at him an I could see the fury mixed with the concern he had for my safety.

"You'd do what? Give me the death stare you've already given me a hundred times?" the man asked and he made the knife cut through my skin in a long line.

I clenched my teeth and tried not to show how much it hurt. Truth was it hurt so much I just wanted to break down and cry my eyes out. I had never felt so much pain. Not even when I'd been out on missions and gotten beat down. Rick screamed and cursed at the man. I looked at him and I could see in his eyes how disgusted he was with everything that was happening. I wasn't sure how the scar would look like but I was positive the cut on my face would leave a nasty scar. A scar I would never be able to hide. A scar that my future children would constantly ask about and so would their friends every time they would come over. I would never be able to walk in a store without worrying about people staring at me and wonder how the hell I got that one. I saw the other man walk closer to Rick and he started to cut the knife into the arm and I saw the pain in his eyes.

"Let's play a little" the man by my side said and he had an evil smirk glued on his face,

"Yeah, that could be interesting" the other man said like he had read the minds of the man.

"So, let's say like this, I ask you a question and if you answer right or truthfully we'll not hurt you" the man said and he was way too close to my face for my comfort.

He smelled like cigarette smoke and I tried to turn my head away from him.

"Should we start with an easy one?" the man asked and the other man laughed nodding his hand. "What is your full name?" the man asked me and I clenched my teeth.

He let go of a "fine" and nodded to the other man who immediately neared Rick with the knife again.

"No! Katherine Houghton Beckett!" I yelled and the other man stopped.

"Good girl" the man said with a smirk. "How did you two get together?" he asked.

I knew I had absolutely no power in the position I was in. I felt helpless and like I wasn't worth a single penny.

"We met at a club, which for the record I have no memory of" I said and he smirked at me.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked and I nodded grudgingly. "Now, what do you know?" he asked and I knew exactly what he talked about but I looked at him with confusion.

"Know about what? About him? About the night I got drunk and apparently landed in his lap?" I asked and the guy chuckled.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about" he said and I continued with my confused face.

He turned his head to the other man and he made a cut across the inner thigh of Rick's leg.

"No!" I screamed and I saw the pain in Rick's eyes.

He tried to turn away his face from me so that I wouldn't be able to see it but the other man grabbed his head and held him so we looked straight at each other.

"What did you say?" the man mocked me and I looked at him with a stare that could kill.

"I know everything, but he doesn't so kill me, not him" I said and I heard Rick immediately protest.

"If you kill her I will hunt you down and torture you and I will not make your death quick at all!" he yelled.

"I don't believe you" the man said and looked at the other by Rick's side before nodding.

I had no idea what the nod meant but I had an awful feeling in my gut. The other man put the knife towards Rick's throat.

"Look away!" Rick yelled before the knife made a perfect line across his throat.

I screamed. I had never screamed as loud as I did as I saw the blood stream down from his throat. I saw the life leaving his ocean blue eyes. His eyes turned black and my own eyes started to sting as the tears filled them and ran down my cheeks. My heart was as cold as ice, as hard as stone, as broken as an unsolved puzzle. How did this even happen? How did we get here? I had no memory. Maybe they used chloroform on me. I felt lonely. I was all alone. Rick had saved me. I hadn't admitted it to anyone, barely myslef, but I had had a lot of trouble before I met him. I had had dark thoughts about not wanting to live anymore. I would've never been able to leave this world but I had sometimes drunk alcohol to forget about everything. When I fell for Rick I hadn't had one single dark thought. I had been happy. So now that love-filled part of my heart was empty and there was nothing I could do about. He was gone. His dark, lifeless eyes told me that. I couldn't stop staring at him, even though my sight was foggy from all the tears I couldn't stop staring into his lifeless eyes.

"Oh, was that someone you loved?" the man taunted.

I snatched my had towards the man and all I saw was red.

"YOU BASTARD!" I yelled and I started to try get myself free from the rope so I could kill him.

The other man came forward to me and he put the knife under my own throat. As much as I would love to die and join Rick I first of all wanted these bastards killed. Now it looked like I wouldn't get the chance. I felt a sting and I couldn't breath anymore. The room slowly got darker and then suddenly everything went black. I'm dead, I'm dead. But where was Rick? Wasn't he supposed to be there, waiting for me? He must've known I wasn't going much longer after him. Or had he already disappeared? Did he leave without me? I couldn't see anything. I tried my best to see through the darkness but not a thing was light enough for me to see. Then I heard something coming really far away.

"Kate"

I tried to turn to the sound of his voie but it was like it was coming from everywhere. Maybe it was just a prank my mind treaked me with. What if I was never going to be able to see him again? Never feel his touch. Not even after we've both died.

"Kate!" it was closer now but not enough for me to be able to figure out where it came from.

Suddenly everything started shaking and Rick's voice was everywhere, louder and louder for each second. I tried to put my hands over my ears but I couldn't find them. His voice was screaming at me and I started crying. Was this really what dead was like? Being haunted by the lovers voice until you got mad? Being haunted and mocked by the thought that you would never be able to feel their touch again?

"Wake up" a smooth version of the voice said and the blackness disappeared, I was suddenly staring into his beautiful, life-filled, blue eyes.

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed my chapter! I couldn't help myself xD sorry not sorry xD