Chapter 20 - Electronics

Rick Castle's POV

After we had eaten breakfast that morning we decided to go into the city to buy ourselves a pair of phones we could use to contact my daughter, my mother plus our friends. I hadn't told Kevin or Javi about what had happened. Either they would be worried sick for not hearing from me or they would just assume I'm out doing my job. Whatever they were thinking they needed to know what was going on before they would try to find me.

"What kind of phones should we get?" Kate asked when we went into the shopping centre.

I didn't have to think long about that question.

"Well, I was thinking iPhones, what do you want?" I said and I glanced at her.

We walked towards a store for electronics.

"I was thinking the same, I like them" she said and I agreed.

We got to the store and walked inside. We immediately went to the part with cellphones and started looking at all the different kinds.

"You want 5C or 5S?" I asked and Kate looked at me surprised. "What?" I asked.

She looked around and got closer to me.

"I don't know, I'm just not used to the idea of you having a lot of money" she said and I looked at her with question in my eyes. "If I would have been here alone I would've just bought another 4S cause I wouldn't be able to afford anything else without the money from my job" she explained and I nodded to show her that I understood.

"Yeah, well... you don't have to worry about that anymore" I smirked and she giggled.

I put my hand on her back and brought her closer to me. I was about to kiss her when she pulled away. When she saw my hurt eyes she gave me a 'sorry'-smile and looked around us. I followed her gaze and understood why she had pushed me away. There was people around here, including kids, and we wouldn't want any of them to take an extra look on us. I cleared my throat quietly.

"So, which would you like?" I asked and she looked at the two test phones laying on the table in front of us.

"5S, I think that one is the most secure to have" she answered and I nodded.

"Agreed" I said and I took two iPhone 5S boxes from the shelf.

I took a gold for her and a silver for me. I thought the gold would match her. I knew she wouldn't really want me to spoil her like that but I wanted to and it was my money so she couldn't do anything against it. If I could I would try to find a beautiful necklace for her too. She was about to go towards the pay desk but I took her hand and dragged her towards the computer section.

"If we're going to find out the reason why we're targeted we need a computer to hack into their systems" I whispered in her ear and I could feel her shiver from my breath but I saw her nod in agreement.

We went over to the part where all the Apple's products were.

"Ok, so I know this might draw attention to us from the one behind the pay desk but this is what I think we will need" I said and I went to take a carriage before I started looking more into the computers.

I took one computer, three screens, one keyboard, one computer mouse and then I took one mac book air laptop too. I put all the boxes in the carriage and I looked at Kate, who looked at me with wide eyes.

"Don't worry, this is nothing" I said and I could see she had her teeth clenched when she nodded.

I guess she wasn't used to just buy stuff like I was, plus she didn't want us to bring attention to ourselves. I knew it could be a bad idea to get so much stuff at the same time but we really needed it now so we could start working on why we were hunted. Why they so badly wanted us dead. Was it only because we were from different agencies or was it something else?

"Is there something else we will need for this? Or are we good?" I asked and she got that little cute wrinkle between her eyes while she thought about my question.

"No, I don't think so" she answered and I remembered something.

I smiled at the thought and I could see her questioning gaze. I smirked at her.

"There's nothing we need in this store anyway" I said and I took her hand and lead her to the pay desk.

I payed for the stuff with cash, that way they couldn't trace us through my card. I bought some bags which I put our stuff in before I took them up and carried them while we went out from the store. We sat down in one of those couches that were a little here and there in the shopping centre. I took up the phones and we started opening them. The couch we sat in was in one of the corners and we hoped not too many people would see us there opening our phones cause that could be a little weird to do the second you had bought the phone. We put in the small phonecards I had asked for at the pay desk and we turned on the phones. Kate seemed a little grumpy when she found out the gold one was hers and it just seemed like she never got anything from anyone else. Like she pretty much payed for everything herself, but that didn't really surprised me. She seemed like one of those girls who wants to do everything herself, like she's afraid that if she takes help from others it prooves her weak. But I didn't want her to feel that way, because she shouldn't have to feel that way. She's not weak at all and for her to be a spy means that she's stronger than most people, even stronger than some guys I had met through my years. When the phones were done installing and ready to be used we wrote in each other's numbers and I sneaked taking a picture of her. She did notice though since I hadn't turned of the sound and the camera just had to make that snap sound.

"Are you taking picutres of me?!" she more stated than asked and I just smiled at her and snapped another picture.

"Maybe" I teased smirking and took one more.

"Stop, if you're not careful you're gonna break your screen" she said and I looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Why would my screen break? You are the most beautiful woman on earth and the camera loves you" I said and snapped another one.

The grumpiness in her eyes disappeared and she laughed.

"You and I both know that's not true" she said but smiled at me.

I looked at her with a shocked facial expression.

"Of course it is. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise" I said and I looked into her hazel eyes.

We got stucked for a few minutes. None of us talked for the moment. We just kept looking into each other's eyes. Talking without really talking. It was almost like we both looked into each other's souls. I hadn't lied. She really was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on. And she knew I meant what I said. Her cheeks were in a light red color, which only made her more beautiful.

"You are too good to me" she whispered and I shook my head.

I put my hand on her cheek and bent over to her to kiss her lips. This time she didn't stop me. Our lips touched and moved smoothly against each other. Her sweet cherry taste reached me when our lips aparted and our tongues found their way to one other. We broke the kiss before it could turn into something else and the smile on my face copied the one Kate had on hers.

"Now, let's go, we have one more thing we have to buy before we go home" I said and took her hand.

She looked at me with question in her eyes but I just smirked and showed her the way.

A/N:

Please, I know this kind of messages is annoying but I would like you to comment and tell me what you think. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!