Just one night with you

Chapter 1 - Carlos

I walked down the stairs and I saw them kiss. It killed me. I've never seen them kiss before, I didn't know things were that serious. I thought that because German was free of Jade and Esmerelda, I would finally have a chance. But when I returned from my 2 year trip to France, she was here. But the worst part is, I think I actually like her. I'm sure she doesn't know I love him, I'm sure she loves him, and I'm sure he loves her. So she wins, I lose. That's the way it always it whenever German is involved. I always lose with him.

I must have been staring because when I looked up, she was standing there.

"Can I help you?" She asked, with a genuine smile. Not like the fake ones Esmerelda would give me whenever I caught her kissing German.

"What? Oh, no. Sorry, I was just in a world of my own. Thinking about things at the studio. I, I better go." I let out a laugh. It pains me to do so, but I can't let them see how broken I am. I am broken. If it wasn't for Violetta needing me here to help her prepare for her first tour,I would have never returned from France.

"The studio?" Chirped German. "Is everything okay?" The fact that he still cared about me what happened in my life made me smile.

"Everything's fine, I just, I really need to get there. Goodbye." I headed straight for the door, and just in time because as I left, a tear rolled down my face.

I made my way to the studio that morning feeling awful. When I arrived there, I saw a face that makes me feel so much better. It wasn't Pablo's, or Violetta's, or Beto's, certainly not Gregorio's, it was the new student Alfonso's father, Carlos. I don't know what it is about him, but he listens. He just started working at the studio a month ago, we didn't get on very well at first, I thought he was a snob. But now, we've actually become great friends. It was hard to trust him after the whole Jeremias thing, but I got past it.

"Hey Angie!" He shouted as he ran towards me.

"Hey!" I replied and a smile instantly appeared on my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I needed to think of an excuse. Fast.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, yeah, really. It's just my hayfever. I'm fine." I replied, lying through my teeth.

He let out a sigh and said "what did he do?"

I knew straight away who he was referring to.

"It's complicated okay, I have a class now,I have to go. See you later."

I returned home from the studio that night and I couldn't find my phone. I was looking through my bag in the kitchen when he walked in.

"What are you looking for?"

"I can't find my phone, I thought I left in my bag" I said still searching.

"Here, let me phone it for you." Smiled German. I returned the smile.

"Thank you."

"It's ringing" he told me.

"That's strange, I don't hear it."

"Hello?" I hear German say down the phone. "Who is this?" "Carlos?" "Carlos who? Why do you have Angie's phone?"

He's talking to Carlos. I told Carlos so many mean things about German. He knows that I love German. I have to stop this. Without thinking, I reach for the phone and snatch it out of Germans hand, ending the call.

"What was that for?" He asked, looking a little bit shocked.

"I know Carlos, I know what he's like he would say something stupid."

"Why have you never mentioned him before?"

Because he hates you guts, I think to myself. "Oh haven't i? I don't know, it's just not really a big deal." I say as I switch the kettle on. "Want one?" I ask.

"Yes please" he replies. "So who is this Carlos guy?" He asked me.

I thought I could detect a bit of jealousy in his voice, I don't know why, but I liked it. So I lied. "Oh he's just a guy I'm seeing, nothing serious."

"Oh right. How did you meet?" He asked, still sounding jealous.

"He works at the studio. I see him everyday." This wasn't a lie, I really did, we even taught some lessons together. "Here" I say as I put the cup of coffee down in front of him.

"I'm not thirsty anymore." He replied as he got of his stool and left the room.