Make yourself at home

Suddenly I froze. Everything I'd ever wanted was standing right in front of me. German. I couldn't speak, I could take it all in. I had so much to ask him, so much to say.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I finally managed to ask.

"You don't. Not yet. I have to prove to you that you can trust me, and I will."

I saw how determined German was to make things right. I could see it in his eyes, the same big brown eyes that melt me every time I looked into them.

I just smiled. He returned the smile and put his forehead on mine.

"I think I want to kiss you..." He whispered.

"Shhh." I replied. "Don't ask, just do it."

I closed my eyes and put my arms around his neck, he put his arms around my waist and pulled me in closer and kissed me slowly, over and over again.

The kiss was interrupted when I heard the door slam, making me jumped. I let go of German and spun around to face the door.

"Welcome home, Angie." Snapped the sarcastic voice.

"What are you doing here?" I stuttered, nervously.

"I came to see how you were, but you obviously don't need me."

"Can you leave please, we were in the middle of something." Snapped German.

"Oh I saw what you were in the middle of, German." They replied sarcastically. "And I'm going nowhere until somewhere tells me what's going on." They said as they sat on my sofa.

"Please, make yourself at home." I said sarcastically.

"And as for you coming to see how I am, I highly doubt that. So, why are you really here, Beatriz?" I snapped.

How dare she just walk into my house?!

"Fine." She said, folding her arms. "I'm here to warn you. I knew there was something going on here, with you two. So I came to tell you

to be careful. He'll only leave you when the next best thing comes along, just like he did with me. You may think that he loves you now, but in a few months, you'll be a nobody." She looked at German and gave him a harsh look.

What she said had me thinking, I mean, he went from Jade, to Esmerelda, to Beatriz, to me. Although I guess everyone has their pasts I know I do. I shouldn't judge him on that. But if she's right, he'll hurt me again.

German must have noticed that I was thinking about what she had said, because I felt his protective arm around my waist.

"That's nonsense, I love Angie." He said to Beatriz in a harsh tone.

"Yes, and just yesterday you were saying that you love me." She snapped back.

"Angie, you can't believe him."

"Angie, you can't believe her."

I could here them shouting at each other, my stomach felt icky, my legs went weak, I started to sway and the room was spinning.

"Angie? Angie? Are you okay?" German asked gripping onto my arm.

"Beatriz, get out! Look what you've done! This stress isn't good for her!" By me, he meant me and the baby, he just didn't tell her that.

I eventually couldn't stand up any longer and German was the only thing stopping me from falling onto the ground. That's all I remember before blacking out.