Beatriz returns

Things between me and German are getting back to normal, and just in time because she returns today. I was hoping that he would remember me saying the L word to him. Maybe he has but doesn't want me to know because he doesn't feel the same? I don't know.

I was interrupted mid thought by a knock at the door. Beatriz. Time to put on a brave face and pretend nothing ever happened while she was away.

I walked into the living room to see Beatriz in Germans arms, he was kissing her at the same time. Three times I've seen them kiss. Three. I'm staring to count, I just can't help it.

German looked over his shoulder to see me standing there. He gave me a smile, I just looked away.

"Welcome back, Beatriz! Did you have a nice time?" I asked completely ignoring German's existence. I know we agreed to be friends, but it's too painful for me to act like I'm okay with it, when I'm not.

"It was great! I only had to work Monday to Friday, so I had the weekends to just chill. So did I miss anything?"

I looked over at German to see his reaction. He just shot me a horrible look. Making me mad. He kissed me, he initiated it all, why am I feeling guiltier than him? I wanted to make him worry. I wanted him to feel pain too.

"Well actually..." I looked back over at German, I couldn't do that to him. He looked worried, like he thought I was going to spill everything. "I erm, I broke up with Carlos."

"Oh Angie, I'm so sorry." She gave me a quick hug and went upstairs to see Violetta.

German came and sat next to me on the sofa. "I'm sorry to hear about you and Carlos."

"Oh." I say, coldly.

"Why did you break up?" He asked, ignoring my cold tone.

"It doesn't matter" we didn't actually break up, so I couldn't think of a reason.

"Was it because of me?"

This made me mad. Why does he think my life revolves around him?! "No, German it wasn't because of you. Not everything in my life happens because of you, alright?" I say as I stood up.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"Why would Angie and Carlos splitting up have anything to do with you?" Asked Beatriz, as she walked down the stairs towards us.

"Well... Me and Carlos had an argument about something."

"It doesn't matter, that's not why we split up, we split up because we both want different things." I can't believe I'm faking a break up to someone I never even went out with.

"Right" smiled Beatriz, "well how about tonight we have a girly night, a catch up? I know a great bar that just opened up!"

"Great!" I guess making an effort with her will be a good idea, I've got a feeling she's going to be around for a long time.

"Im going to go and say hello to my mother, let her know I'm back. I'll see you later." She gave German a kiss on the cheek and left.

Four.

"Angie, I don't think you going out with Beatriz is a good idea."

"Look, I am not going to listen to you, you can't stop me. I'm going. If I don't go, she's going to know something is wrong."

German sighed and sat down on the sofa, his head in his hands. "I'm sorry, Angie."

I sat beside him. I put my hand on his back. No matter how much I want to hate him, I can't.

"It's okay, German."

He put his hand on top of mine and said "no, I mean it, I'm sorry for everything. I handled it totally wrong, I shouldn't have just left things like that, I mean, I don't want you to think that I think it was all a mistake and that I regret everything because... Because... I did, you know...feel something." He said in the sweetest tone. I remember when he used to speak to me in this tone all the time.

He felt something.

"German, what exactly did you feel?" I was desperate to know if he felt the same as I, but I wasn't going to burst out 'I love you' just because he thinks he felt something.

"Angie, I can't. I shouldn't do this. I don't want to confuse you, you know I'm with Beatriz."

My heart broke. Again.

"I know, but you can't just say something like that and not explain it." I said, trying to remain calm, when in really I sit wanted to shake his body and scream 'do you love me yes or no?!'

"I can't do this. I can't do anything right, can I?"

The way he spoke saddened me, I hate seeing him like this.

I didn't know what to, so I just gave him a hug. He squeezed me tight, like he'd been needing a hug for a long time.

"I'm sorry for everything, I'm such a jerk and I just want us to go back to the way we were before you left. We were such good friends."

'Friends' I hate that word. We were much more than friends and he knew it. I didn't just make it all up in my head.