Two someones

"So what are you doing today?" Asked German who was looking for the tea bags, he stayed at mine again last night, because I didn't want to go to the mansion. I have nothing to do regularly now as Pablo insisted I go on maternity leave,never though I didn't think it is time yet. But I was offered full pay, so I agreed in the end.

"Well Carlos wants to meet me in the park today, he has something to tell me."

Just by the mention of his name, his whole facial expression changed.

"German, please." I pleaded. "He's my friend. I know you have your differences, but you and Pablo used to have your differences, but you sorted them."

German let out a sigh and told me a I was right.

"So I'll be home soon." I say as I kiss him on the cheek and grab my purse.

I'm half way out the door when I hear him shout. "Also, we need to talk about this housing arangement."

I nodded in agreement and closed the door.

On my way to the park, where I would meet Carlos, German's words played on my mind. Where we lived wasn't a big deal, but I just don't want to go back got the mansion. Olga and Ramallo are retiring to a lovely bungalow together soon, Violetta goes on tour soon, which leaves me, German and the babies. I don't expect to stay at my place, it's far too small. But I wouldn't mind a place of our own.

"You okay Angie? You look like your minds elsewhere." Asked Carlos sounding concerned as I walked up to the bench and sat beside him.

"No, I'm fine." I said with a smile. "Now, what did you want to tell me?"

"Yes, I'm fine thanks for asking." Laughed Carlos.

"No I'm sorry that was rude of me." I said with a slight laugh. "But seriously, what is it?"

"I'll tell you in a minute, I'm going to get an Ice cream. Want one?" He asked.

"Sure. But let me get them, you go the last ones."

I got up without taking my bag as I was sure I had enough change for two ice creams in my pocket.

"Yes, two large chocolate chip ice creams please!"

The man passed me the ice creams, I said my thanks and walked back to Carlos.

"Here" I said, passing him the ice cream as I sat down. "Are you going to tell me now?" I asked, I was growing inpatient.

"Erm yes, just a minute" he said before looking around.

"What, what is it?" I asked looking around as well.

"Oh nothing, just thought I heard something." He said turning his attention back to me.

"So what did you want to tell me?"

"Well...um... Why don't I let them tell you!" He exclaimed as he pointed into the far distance.

I couldn't see anything at first, but then I saw them. Then it all became clear. The reason he was taking so long to tell me his 'thing' was because there was nothing to tell. Nothing to tell, but something, someone, two someone's, to show me.

My heart raced as they got nearer to me. I raised my sweaty palms to wave to them. I faked a smile.

Why were they here?