A little too not over you

"Good morning Angie!" Says Carlos as I walk through the studio doors.

"Morning" I reply.

"How's things?"

"Complicated. Meet me in the park after work, please?"

"Yes, of course."

"I have to go now, I have a class."

The lesson flew by, I was teaching the first years about love songs. It was painful, I just saw German's face everywhere. I need to get over him.

**

"Thanks for meeting me Carlos," I say as he sits beside me on the bench.

"What's wrong? You worried me."

The fact that I worry him makes me smile, he cares. Not like German.

"I'm pregnant." I blurt out.

"Oh wow, really? Does German know?!"

"No, no. He had his suspicions and I lied, I told him I wasn't pregnant. He has no idea, you're the only one who knows."

"He has to know, it's his child." Replied Carlos.

"Why does he have to know? He doesn't want the baby. I was how relieved he looked when I told him I wasn't pregnant."

"Maybe you're just imagining it, maybe he wanted you to be pregnant."

"Are you crazy? Carlos, he's in a serious relationship with another woman. Maybe he does want another child, but I'm pretty sure he wants one with his girl friend, not me. The woman he made a 'mistake' with."

"Angie." He said, with more sympathy this time, "do you want your baby to grow up not knowing who its father is? And what about Violetta? Maybe she wants to know her younger brother or sister. You can't hide a pregnancy either, you live in the same house as him."

"Actually, I left. I live at home now. But yes, I see your point. I'll think about it. Thanks for your advice!" I say with a sad smile.

He put his arms around me and gave me a hug. "I'm always here for you. No matter what. Day or night." He whispered.

I couldn't help but wish it was German saying those words.

I looked up to see German standing there. "German." I say, as I take my arms from around Carlos and put them awkwardly by my side. I noticed the facial expression on Carlos' face change. I couldn't really see what the expression was, but it was a negative one.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'll leave you two to it." Said Carlos and he gave German a nasty look. He turned to me and whispered in my ear "tell him."

"What's his problem?" Asked German, watching Carlos walk away.

"Nothing. Were you looking for me, or did you just see me here?" I asked, hoping that he was looking for me.

"I was looking for you, I sent you a text but you didn't reply."

"Yes. My phone is off."I reply. "What is it?"

"Well I was just wondering if you'd like to come to the mansion for dinner tomorrow night, I mean Violetta misses you, it was her idea."

I really wasn't feeling up to sitting in the same room with Beatriz. So I came up with a compromise.

"Erm, how about Violetta comes to mine? I miss her too and she rarely comes to mine for dinner, it would be nice for me to cook for a change." I said with a smile. "You can come too." I added, hoping he'd say yes.

"Great." He said. "I'll text you later to arrange something."

"Okay!" I replied.

German started walking away, but he stopped and turned around. "Uhm, Angie..." He said nervously.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Are you and Carlos, you know... Together again?" He asked, avoiding eye contact with me.

I really didn't want to lie this time, so I didn't. "No,we are just friends, we have to get along, we work together."

"Oh, okay." He said with a smile. "Good." He said, still smiling.

When German left all I could think about was his last word. 'Good'. Was he glad that I was single? Does he not want me in a relationship? Or was I just reading to much into it because I'm still a little bit not over him...