Dinner conversation and Hormones

"So, do you have any name choices yet?" Asked Violetta as she took a mouthful of food.

I hesitated before taking my first bite of German's cooking. I must say, it wasn't too bad, he can cook more often.

"Well, we haven't really discussed names." I replied. I couldn't really think of a name off the top of my head, never mind three names.

"Boys or girls?" She asked as she took another bite.

"Violetta, slow down, nobody is going to take the food away from you!" Laughed German. I laughed too.

"We don't know that either, not until our next scan." I replied.

"When's your next scan?" She asked.

"Soon, I think."

"Can I come?"

"Sure!" I smiled.

I was glad she was taking an interest in all of this, it made it easier.

We ate the rest of our dinner in peace and Violetta left straight afterwards to go to the movies with Leon, Fran, Marco, Cami and Maxi. I thought it was cute how they stayed friends even though they don't see each other that much anymore.

"So." Said German as he slumped on the sofa next to me. I was stuffed. His cooking filled me!

"So" I said.

"The housing arrangements."

"The housing arrangements..." I echoed.

"We need somewhere suitable for the triplets to grow up, somewhere big, safe..." German's voice trailed off and he started describing his dream house."

"Wait." I butt in. "What about the mansion?"

"Angie, if you don't want to love there, we'll find somewhere else."

"No, German. That's your home. That's Violetta's home." I protested. I didn't want to be the reason German left his family house.

"But is it your home? Is it there home?" He asked as he carefully placed is hand on my stomach.

I thought about it for a second. "Why not? I mean we can re-decorate, make it our own home."

German was about to pull his hand away when I pulled it back. "German, wait! Can you feel that?!" My babies were kicking! I thought I was going to burst with joy. It started to sink in that they were actually inside of me. My babies.

German's eyes widened as he pulled himself closer to me. "Hello." He smiled, "I'm your daddy, and this is your mummy. We love you very much. We are going to spoil each and everyone of you." He whispered.

I felt a massive lump in my throat as my heart started to melt. In that moment I realised that he would be a great dad. I couldn't hold it in, the tears came out of me.

"What's wrong?" He asked. He held my chin up eye with his hand and looked into my eyes.

"Nothing... It's just, you're going to be a great dad." He smiled back at me and pulled me into a hug. I lay my head on his lap and put my feet up.

"Stupid hormones." I murmured before falling to sleep on his lap. I could feel him stroking my hair as I fell asleep. It was perfect.