A sicky feeling

I was walking thought the studio doors,my stomach still felt a bit icky. It's been like it for two days now. It must be some kind of bug.

I went straight to the staff room, hoping Carlos would be there. He was.

"Hi." He said coldly. I sat down beside him. "Hi." I replied, in the same cold tone as him.

"Look" I said "I'm sorry for using you like that, it's just, well I, it's complicated."

"No, don't apologise, it's my fault, I kissed you when I knew you were in love with someone else." He smiled.

"Well,on the bright side" I started "at least I know you're not German in disguise!" He laughed at this. I told him all about jeremias, which is why he hates German so much.

"So, what's new?" He asked.

"Well... German doesn't remember me saying 'I love you', Beatriz returned from Spain, we went out, she got drunk,she told me that she cheated on German. More than once." I whispered this because I didn't want anybody to hear.

"What?! Why haven't you told German?! Or have you?"

"No, no I haven't. I am not going to."

"But why? This is your chance!"

"No, I don't want to win German because he can't trust Beatriz or something. I want him to tell me that he loves me."

"Well then you have to tell him how you feel, see how he feels, then tell him."

"And if he doesn't believe me?"

"The truth always comes out in the end."

I knew this was true from experience.

"Well I'm going to go and set things up before next lesson. Just think about what I said, okay?" Said Carlos has he walked out the room.

"I should tell him. He deserves to know. I know it won't change anything between us, but he should know, shouldn't he? I mean I'd want to know" I spoke to myself.

"What are you talking about?" Came the familiar voice from behind me.

"Beatriz, what are you doing here?"

"You left your phone" she said, slamming it down on the table. "You better not be talking about telling German." She said in a voice I've never heard her use before, it was a cold, heartless, mean voice.

"What if I am?" I asked, annoyed.

She got up in my face. "You might think I'm just 'innocent Beatriz' German's girlfriend who wouldn't hurt a fly, but I'm not. I know you love him, but guess what, he loves me. And if you dare tell him what I told you, who do you think he's going to believe? His pathetic ex-sister-in-law, or me, his soon to be wife, who just so happens to be carrying his child."

"You're pregnant?" I spit out. She's pregnant? What? It can't possibly be Germans could it? Wait. 'Soon to be wife'?

She completely ignores my question. "Dinner at 4:30, don't be late. We have special news. Don't you dare tell him. He doesn't love you, just let him go. He's mine. All mine. You're pathetic, Angie."

She slammed the door shut and left me in the room, alone. A mess. I couldn't possibly work like this, so I pretend to be sick. Although, I did feel sick, so I was hardly pretending. I went somewhere I knew nobody would come looking for me, I went home, my home. Not German's.

I got home and collapsed on the bed. German was going to marry a monster. I have to tell him. But he won't believe me, Beatriz is right. Why would he believe me? Of course he'll take her side.

I fell asleep for several hours and was woken by a knock at the door. I sorted my hair, my face, straighten my clothes and answered the door.

"German?" I asked confused.

"Oh thank goodness you're here! It's five o'clock, didn't Beatriz give you the message?"

Oh she have me the message alright. "Yes, I'm so sorry, I came home from work because I feel ill. Do you want to come in or?" I asked moving out of the way, so he could get past.

He smile and walked in and sat on the sofa.

"Angie, I need to tell you something. Angie? Angie are you okay? You look pale?" He asked.

"Hang on" I murmered, running to the toilet, I was sick again.

When I appeared again about five minutes later German was still sat there, he looked worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He just smirked "you're the one throwing up all the time and you're asking me what's wrong."

I sat back on the sofa. "I don't know, I keep throwing up, must be a bug. What did you want?" If he'd come to tell me he was marrying Beatriz I already knew.

"You don't think you could be...you know..." He asked, looking at my stomach. I held my stomach.

"Don't be ridiculous" I said, looking down.

"are you sure?" He asked edging towards me.

"I, I don't know, I don't think so..."

" but what if you are?" He asked, generally concerned, he grabbed my hands. "Angie look at what I've done to you."

"German it's okay, I probably have a sickness bug"

Honestly I didn't believe a word I was saying.

"Wait there." He said grabbing his car keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To get you a pregnancy test."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What if I was pregnant? What will I do? I can't tell people who the father is. Will he want me to abort the baby?

Look at what that one night with him has done to me. Yet I wouldn't go back and change what happened. But the question is, would German?