Crazy idea

"German, are you crazy?" I asked.

"What's crazy about a man wanting to be part of his child's life?" He asked, sounding annoyed.

"Running away? You don't think that sounds crazy? What would Beatriz think? Your soon to be wife?"

I had to remind him about Beatriz, as much as I wanted to say yes, let's go, I knew that he wasn't thinking straight and that he didn't want to be with me. He just didn't really have a choice, I'd have to go with him because his child is in me.

"Beatriz, I, I forgot... crazy"

I wish he meant it when he said we should just leave, but he was obviously just a mess. He obviously didn't mean that we should runaway as a family, meant we should run away as friends, so that he can see his child. He decided the idea was crazy when he remembered Beatriz. Because he loves her.

"Exactly, crazy. You need to go. We will sort something out soon, okay. I won't stop you from being part of their life." I said. And I won't. I want our child to know their dad, we just need to sort something out, something that will suit everyone.

German left and I was a mess. He got my hopes up for a minute then, just to let me crash and fall.

I've never really thought about what would happen if German wanted to bring the child up with me until now. I never thought about us being a family. But then I started to realise how much I wanted us to be a family. Just one of my many crazy dreams.

I went to bed and thought of all the options I had. Move back to France and let Violetta and German visit, stay here and let German have secret visits with his child, let German tell Beatriz and see what happens, or I could tell her myself and see what happens. I really couldn't see any other options. But one thing I was certain of is I wanted Violetta to know, and I wanted her to know soon. I want her to know that it's going to be her little sibling, but I'd have to talk that over with German. I know I want her to be there for me through the pregnancy because she is the only family I've got since my mother moved to Spain with Antonio.

***

I woke up the next morning and went downstairs to get myself a cup of coffee when there was a knock on the door.

"Vilu!" I shouted, as I put my cup down and ran to hug her.

"Hey Angie!" She said, hugging me back. "I hope you don't mind me letting myself in, it's just the door wasn't locked."

"Vilu, you're my family, you don't have to wait at the door, you don't even have to knock! Just come straight in!" I said laughing.

"Thanks! I'll remember that next time!" She laughed.

"So what's up?" I ask sitting down beside her.

"I wondered if you wanted to come to the cinema with me today, my dad's coming too, Beatriz is away on business again and I thought since I missed dinner the other day I could make it up to you." She said with a smile.

"Of course." I smile, "let me just go and get ready."

"Great! I'll text my dad and tell him to pick us up from here." She said, getting her phone out of her bag and texting fast.