Can you keep a secret?

Beatriz was drinking fast tonight, I couldn't keep up, nor was I going to try. We danced a little, bonded a little. But I was just ready to go home, I wasn't in the partying mood.

"Beatriz, I'm going to go" I said as I grabbed my purse.

"No, please stay." She begged and she held onto my arm.

I sighed and sat back down. "Okay, but only for a while."

"Thanks. I'm glad you're staying because I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked. "Are you pregnant?" Please say no, I pleaded.

"No, no, oh no."

"Well what is it?"

"I do love him you know, I do."

"Right..." Where is she going with this?

"And I didn't mean to do it, but I just did and I feel awful."

What was she talking about?

"Huh?"

I think she's just drunk.

"I didn't mean to cheat on him!"

"What?!"

She was ignoring me and just kept on rambling.

"We felt awful afterwards, and we promised not to do it again... But then we broke that promise... Because we did it again... Several times..."

"Woah woah woah woah, Beatriz, what?"

She started to cry, "please don't tell him? I don't want to lose him."

I promised I wouldn't tell him. From now on I am not getting involved.

"Thank you Angie, you're a good friend."

I went to bed last night and my head was all over the place. Beatriz cheated on the man I love, more than once. I should tell him. I can't tell him. He won't believe me. What if he does believe me? Would they break up? Would I finally have a chance to be with him? No, no. I don't want to be with German as his second choice, I don't want him to be with me because Beatriz cheated. I want him to be with me because he loves me as much as I love him.

***

"Good morning Angie!" Smiled Vilu as I walked to the breakfast table.

"Morning!" I smiled back.

"Good morning Angie." German quietly spoke.

"Good morning." I smiled back, my smile was bigger this time. "Where is Beatriz?" I asked.

"Oh she is still in bed, she doesn't feel too good."

She's probably hungover, I thought. I wonder if she remembers what she told me...

"Breakfast is served!" Cheered Olga as she put the plate in front of me.

I don't know why, but the smell of the pancake was overwhelming, I thought I was going to be sick.

"Excuse me" I mumbled as I ran straight upstairs to the bathroom.

I was sick. I didn't get it, I didn't drink as much as Beatriz, I wasn't even that drunk, yet I was the one throwing up?

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then opened the bathroom door to see German standing there.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I just came to see if you're alright. Are you?"

The fact that he was still concerned about me made me feel all warm inside.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine, I don't know. Maybe I was just hungover." I replied, still feeling a little bit sick.

"Oh, okay. I hope you feel better soon." I smiled. "Here" he said as he handed me a mint, "this usually stops the sicky feeling."

"Thank you". I replied as I carefully took the mint from his hands. I accidentally on purpose touched his hand. He just looked at me for a minute, smiled, then walked away.