Pregnant?

We nervously sat waiting for the timer to be up. All sorts of thoughts rushed through my head. I looked over at German who was sat fiddling his thumbs. Something told me that he really didn't want me to be pregnant, the way he looked so nervous. I knew that he loved Beatriz and not me, so this would make things much more complicated for him.

"It's time" I say as I walk into the bathroom to look at the test. I took a deep breath before looking at the results shown in front of me.

"So, what did it say?" He asked as I walked back out of the bathroom.

"I'm not pregnant" I said, with a reassuring smile.

German gave a laugh of relief and sat back down, which hurt a little. "Okay, wow. You had me worried there for a little bit." He said as he tapped the space on this sofa beside him "please, sit."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I have something to tell you, something important"

"Right"

"Me and Beatriz, we're getting married."

My whole world fell apart. "Congrats!" I faked a smile and tried to sound happy for him.

"Do you have anything to say?" He asked, his eyes widened.

"Erm, I don't think so..."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

What exactly was he getting at, does he know something?

"No. I have nothing to say." I said with another fake smile. He looked generally hurt by this, but I didn't know what to say.

"Congrats." I said again.

"Thank you." He replied, he got up to hug me. He hugged me tightly and I snuggled into his t-shirt, I really didn't want to let go, but I knew I had to, from now on, Beatriz was the only one who would get hugs like this.

"Well I'd better go, are you coming?" He asked.

"No, I think I'm going to stay here tonight." I said. Faking another smile.

"Alright. Here, take these." He said, taking a packet of mints out of his pocket and putting them on the table near the door.

"Thank you. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

As soon as he left I went straight back into the bathroom and picked up the pregnancy test. Pregnant. I lied. I lied because I wanted to see what his reaction was. If he was disappointed I was going to tell him I was pregnant, but he wasn't, he was relieved, so I didn't tell him.

I don't even have a plan anymore. I mean, I can't hide a pregnancy from him forever. And I'm certainly not going to get rid of it.