A question

"Where are taking me now?" I asked as he guided me down the path.

"There's no point in asking, you know I won't tell you."

I just sighed and stayed silent until we finally arrived at the park.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Hang on a minute." He said as he walked away.

"wait where are you going?" I asked.

He didn't reply, he just turned to look at me and gave me a smile.

I just stood on my own for a while.

"Here" he whispered in my ear as he put his hands around my waist and wafted a caramel apple under my nose.

"German!" I shouted as i turned to face him. "You made me jump!" I added, playfully hitting his chest.

He grabbed my arm again and took me over to the bench.

He sat down beside me and started eating his caramel apple.

"German, what is this all about?" I asked.

I thought it was sweet, but rather unnecessary.

German just looked at me,smirked, and carried on eating his caramel apple.

I was fed up of questioning him, so I just rolled my eyes at him and ate my caramel apple too.

German finished his caramel apple first and waited for me to finish.

"Right" he said, turning his body to face me.

"So are you going to tell me what this is all about?" I asked.

"Angie, ever since the day I met you I knew that you were the one. We've been through so much together and I've treated you so badly. Things between us are complicated, I'm not going to lie. But I have another chance with you, a chance to make things right, a chance to be a family. And I know things are going fast, but I just wanted to do this to prove to you how much you mean to me."

I felt a lump in my throat as tears started to build up.

"Angie, will you go on a date with me?" He asked as he ran his thumb across my face to get rid of my tears.

I put my hand on top of his and said "of course I will."

We walked back to my my place hand in hand, when I noticed a car at the end of my drive, I knew someone with the same car as that.

We walked up my drive to see someone sitting on my doorstep, just has German had the day I arrived from France.

"What are you doing here?" I asked rather shocked to see their face.

"I came to make sure that you were okay."