Just a mistake

I woke up the next morning in the wrong bedroom. I turned over to see German lying there next to me, still sleeping. I didn't know what to do. So I poked him. He didn't wake up.

"German." I said. He grunted.

"Quick! Wake up! What do we do?!" I said freaking out.

"Angie... What are you... Oh my god... We... I..."

I just Looked at him.

He jumped out of bed and started putting his work clothes on. I got dressed too. We were both silent for a while.

"German I..."

"Angie, please don't tell Beatriz."

"What?"

"I don't want her to know. This was a mistake, we were both really drunk. Please."

He didn't give me chance to reply, he dashed put the room like he couldn't bare to even look at me. His words hurt me. I told him I loved him, he kissed me, it was all one big mistake to him?

"I wasn't that drunk..." I whispered, tears streaming down my face. I knew that he couldn't hear me, but it had to be said.

I quietly made my way back to my bedroom. I had arranged to meet Carlos today. I was going to tell him everything, I knew I could trust him.

I made my out if the mansion, avoiding German, which wasn't hard because I was pretty sure he was avoiding me.

***

"You did what?! Good for you!" Said Carlos.

"What?" I said angrily. "I tell you that I just... You know... With a man that isn't single and you're praising me?!" I was furious.

"Angie, don't see it like that, see it like you finally told him how you feel after all this time."

"Yeah. And he told me it was a mistake. He rejected me." I said starting to cry.

Carlos pulled me into a hug. "He's a jerk. Anyone who rejects you is stupid. You're beautiful, smart, clever, funny..."

I wiped my face and looked at Carlos. "You think so?"

"I know so."

Carlos leaned into kiss me and I didn't know what to do. His lips touched mine. I don't know how, but it took away the pain. But I knew it was wrong, so I pulled away.

"Carlos...I... You that I love..." My voice trailed off because I say German in the restaurant, I remembered him saying something about a meeting today.

I grabbed Carlos' hands and looked into his eyes. But he pulled away, he saw German and knew what I was doing.

"I'm not going to let you use me to make him jealous. Goodbye." He got up and left me. Another tear rolled down my cheek. I looked up to see that German was watching. Great.

I turned away from him and wiped my eyes.

"Angie, are you okay?"

"Why do you care?" I snapped I was still angry about what he had said this morning, although I know that he doesn't know. Us women are complicated.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay."

I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"So... Did you tell him about... Us?"

I let out a laugh.

"What?" He asked.

"I get it now! You're not here to makes sure I'm okay, you're here to make sure your secret is safe! Well you don't need to worry, because I'm not going to tell Beatriz! Now if you excuse me I have somewhere to be!"

I left the table and pushed past him. He didn't even try to follow me. He's good at that. Letting me walk away. He did it two years ago and never regretted it.