Wedding jitters?

German dropped Violetta off at Fran's first, leaving me with him in the car alone. We drove to my house in silence.

He pulled up on my drive and locked the door as I tried to get out.

"Angie, we need to talk."

I sighed. He was going to reject me.

"I know." I whispered.

"What happened in the cinema-"

"Was a mistake." I say, filling in the blanks for him. "I know."

"Well actually I was going to say-"

"It's okay, I get it. You're marrying Beatriz next week, you just had wedding jitters." I slipped it in there. I let him know that I knew the wedding was next week.

"Right..." He said.

I reached over and unlocked the car door and walked out.

After the wedding, all of this will be over an I will be able to concentrate on me and my baby.

I went in the bath that night and I could hear my phone ringing in the next room, I heard it about seven times. I finally got out the bath to check my phone.

Seven missed calls from German? What did he want?

I rang him back.

No answer.

I just shrugged it off and went downstairs and put a film on.

My mind started to wonder back to the kiss, he kissed me first, I kissed him back, then he kissed me back again. I felt like we were on our first date.

Just then my phone started to ring again. German.

Before I had chance to say hello, he was talking.

"Angie, please don't hang up."

Why would I, I thought.

"I wasn't going to say any of what you said in the car" he started, " it was more than just wedding jitters."

What? What did he mean? He made me kind of mad actually, he brought his wedding forward to next week, then tells me it was more than wedding jitters?

"German, you're getting married next week. You can't say that." I stated.

I could hear a women's voice in the background, it must have been Beatriz's because as soon as the voice got clearer, German hung up.

I couldn't just end the conversation like that. So I rang him back. It took me several attempts to get hold of him, but he finally picked up.

"German?"

"Wrong." Came the harsh voice from the other end of the phone.

"Beatriz?" Why did she have his phone?

"Correct, now what did you want?"

"Erm, I... Was just ringing about the wedding, Vilu said it had been brought forward."

Out of all the excuses I could have chosen, I picked the wedding, wow.

"Ah, yes. Didn't Vilu say? You're going to be my maid of honour, so I can keep an extra close eye on you. Wouldn't want any secrets spilling out, would we?" She said in a rude manner.

"And why would I agree to be your maid of honour?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"For Vilu and you're precious German, you'd want to be there for them, wouldn't you? You're either made of honour or not invited at all. I'm not letting you out my sight on the day of the wedding."

I would love to just choose the no wedding option, and I almost did, but then I started thinking about Vilu, she said she'd be there for me through the pregnancy, so I have to be there for her. I know she won't admit it, but at least a small part of her will feel a little sad about her dad re-marrying. I have to be a good aunt and go.

I sighed as I gave into the devil, also known as Beatriz.

"Fine, I'll be your made of honour."

"Who's that, dear?" I heard German say to Beatriz.

"Oh nobody, my love." She replied as she hung up on me.

'My love'? Ugh, she sounded just like Jade.