Unexpected complications

"Angie, dear! Aren't you going to let me in?" Smiled my mother who was stood at my door. I didn't know what to do, German was in my house, what if she saw him? He was still in bed, but he could come downstairs. However, she needed to know the truth, she needs to know everything.

"Sure." I replied. I faked a smile and let her in.

"Cup of tea?" I asked as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Yes please" she smiled.

I made the cup of tea and slowly sat down beside my mum. "So what's new?" She asked, she took a sip of tea before adding "apart from the baby."

"Well that baby is plural. I'm having triplets." I smiled. The next part was telling her who the real father is.

"Triplets? Oh Angie that's wonderful news! You and Carlos will be great parents!" She smiled and pulled me into a hug.

When the hug was over I pulled away. I decided it was the right time to tell her that German was the dad.

"Well actually-"

The noises from the creaky floorboards above distracted me, making me stop mid sentence.

"What was that?" My mum asked.

I quickly tried to thing of an excuse, but I couldn't.

"Is it Carlos?" She asked.

"Erm..." I didn't know what to say. I could say yes, I guess? No, no. That's the coward way out.

Before I could answer I saw my mums facial expression change dramatically. I quickly turned to see what she was looking at. German was stood at the bottom of the stairs looking directly at my mother.

"German?" She whispered. She looked really shocked to see him, why wouldn't she? She thinks I'm pregnant with Carlos' children and then she sees German of all people appear in my living room.

She slowly walked over to where he was standing.

"Angelica..." He sheepishly whispered, scratching the back of his neck. He did this sometimes when he was nervous. I thought it was cute.

I took a deep breath and walked over to where they were standing. They both turned to me to offer an explanation, but as always I didn't have one. My mother turned back to German and looked him up and down.

"What are you doing he?" She didn't seem happy to see him at all.

"Well..I..." He stuttered. He looked over at me for help but I just froze. I couldn't decide who was more scared of my mother, me or him.

"I kind of...sort of...live here...I guess?"

We hadn't exactly sorted this up until earlier. But he had been sleeping here for several nights now, most of his stuff was here, so I guess he was staying here.

"Wait, why do you live here? Shouldn't you he living with Carlos?" My mother tuned to face me. "Don't tell me they both live here?"

"Well actually-" I was cut off by German.

"Why would Carlos live here?" He looked at me for an explanation, but instead my mother gave him one.

"He's the father of her children. Why wouldn't he live here?" My mum stated as if it were obvious.

She might have given him an explanation, but it was certainly the wrong one.