Follow me

"Wow...triplets.." Said German, he was clearly in shock, I don't blame him. I am too.

"German, can you just take me home please? I need some rest and this is all going so fast." I stress as I stand beside his car waiting for him to open it.

He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I know this is a lot to take in, but we can do this Angie."

I just nod my head in agreement and loosen my grip so he can let go.

"Angie, which home are you going too?" Asked German.

I stopped to think for a minute. Where was I going?

"My house." I reply. "All my stuff is there and I don't really feel comfortable going back to the mansion just yet."

This was true, too many bad memories there.

"Of course." He replied.

The rest of the journey I just sat looking out of the window, I'd basically gained a family over night, German, my three babies and Violetta. I know Vilu is already family, but it's different now. This was all a lot to take in, but I liked the idea of us being a family.

"Here you go." Smiled German as he pulled up on my drive.

I said my thanks and got out. But before I closed the door I asked him something.

"German... Would you mind... Coming in for a while? I mean I won't be much company and I'll probably just fall asleep on the bed but... I don't know, I don't want to be alone."

"Of course." He said with a smile.

We lay in silence on my bed for a while, his arm tightly around my waist, my arm on top of his, his other hand stroking my hair.

"German..." I whispered, not sure if he'd nodded off.

"What is it?"

"You do want the triplets, right?"

I had to ask, it had been in the back of my mind since I found out. I mean he already has Vilu, would he want three more?

He turned me over on my side, so that I was facing him, my nose not too far apart from him.

"Of course I do, Angie. Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, I was just making sure."

"And what Beatriz said earlier." He added.

I'm glad he'd mentioned it because it had been in the back of my mind all day, I just didn't want to mention it.

"She's wrong. There is nobody better than you Angie, all the others were just my way of trying to get over you and it didn't work. I know it's all so sudden, but you need to know that I'm here to stay. I won't leave you. I've made so many mistakes in the past, like letting you go to France. I finally have a chance of happiness with you and I'm not going to make any mistakes."

I just smiled and snuggled up closer to him. He was right, this had happened fast, but it didn't feel rushed, or wrong, or weird, it felt right. Perfect.

***

I woke up still laying in German's arms. The last time we woke up next to each other, it didn't end so well. I turned to face German and gave him a little nudge.

"German, don't you have work?" I asked.

"No not today." He replied in his sleepy voice, I had to admit, it was kind of cute.

"Oh." I replied.

There was silence for few seconds.

"Hey German."

"Yes?"

"You're not going to run out on me because it was all one big mistake again are you?"

I was joking, and I made it obvious that I was joking, but still a little part of me feared that it was going to happen.

He didn't reply, he just pulled me in closer and kissed me on the nose.

"Get dressed" he said as he pulled the covers off of me.

"I need to take you somewhere." He added.

Without asking questions I just got up and got dressed.

"Where are we going?" I asked, walking out the front door, still putting my shoes on, he was clearly in a hurry.

"This way." He said pointing down the road.

We couldn't be going far as we were walking.